Sr Sales Spec, Vaccines - Lowell, MA
The GSK vaccines business is one of the largest in the world, providing more than 30 pediatric, adolescent, adult, and travel vaccines worldwide. GSK’s vaccine heritage spans more than 100 years, beginning in 1882 with the manufacturing of smallpox vaccine. Vaccination is the most effective health intervention after clean water, preventing millions of deaths from infectious disease around the world every year. In the US, vaccination rates remain low among adults for vaccine-preventable diseases. Our ambition is to be a trusted partner in increasing immunization rates and protecting against vaccine-preventable diseases.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- The Full Line Immunization Specialist will develop and maintain specialized expertise in vaccine therapeutic areas, products and markets
- Demonstrate knowledge of GSK vaccines, competitive products and GSK promotional strategies and objectives in a way that meets customer needs
- Demonstrate high-level selling and marketing skills, including account-based selling, strategic thinking, drive for results, and the ability to ask for the business
- Demonstrate the ability to provide value to each targeted account through proper blending of science & service based upon each accounts individual needs
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively follow and use the vaccines sales process in a way that engages customers and ultimately leads to vaccines purchase
- Collaborate with Vaccines partners, including PAMs, to help pull through GSK Vaccine doses
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 4 year BA/BS degree
- Minimum 2 years pharmaceutical sales experience
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary with possible overnight travel
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able and willing to drive or operate a vehicle – driving is an essential function of this role.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Minimum 2 years vaccines sales experience
- Nursing (MSN, RN, LPN) or other healthcare qualification and experience
- Demonstrated competency of science, business acumen, and customer engagement
- Strong account selling skills, including contract negotiations and ability to close a sale at the completion of a transaction\
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.