Director, Consumer Insights
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Meet Lingo, a new biosensing technology that provides users a window into their body. Lingo tracks key biomarkers – such as glucose, ketones, and lactate – to help people make better decisions about their health and nutrition. Biowearable technology will digitize, decentralize and democratize healthcare, enabling consumers to take control of their own health.
Personalized healthcare is the future. Working on Lingo, you will help build a next-generation technology that enables individuals to make decisions about how to improve energy, lose weight or enhance athletic performance. The Lingo team embodies a start-up culture and mindset with the backing of Abbott, a company with a rich history of healthcare innovation. Join us and grow your career as you help Abbott shape the future of healthcare.
You will be responsible for developing overall customer insights and market research projects and fostering healthy working relationships. You will act as a bridge between marketing, growth, and product teams by providing insightful guidance and views on market and customer trends. You will gather and leverage customer data and insights on industry trends and markets to build marketing initiatives and ensure brand recognition and success. You will contribute to building relationships and implementing new programs that will increase our business’s revenue potential and minimize churn rates. You will lead, coach, and empower Customer Insights team members to be successful in their roles.
What you’ll do
- Build on customer insight and market trends data to leverage analytics-based learning to increase brand salience
- Collaborate closely with growth team to draw on relevant marketing strategies to increase revenue
- Ensure main insights feed back into building customer brand
- Gather consumer insights on overall market, brand, etc. via CI and Customer Success teams and provide input to product and growth teams
- Bring the consumer perspective to marketing decision making by executing market analysis and research activities to provide insights and recommendations
- Manage external agencies for the execution of research projects
- Identify ideal methodology and oversee the data collection process and analytic work plan to ensure all available information is generated to support business needs
- Leverage research data and information to proactively identify business opportunities and gain internal support to act on these opportunities
- Convey analysis and recommendations via presentations and written reports
- 10+ years of relevant experience including 5+ managing high-performing teams
- Creative mindset and willingness to work in a fast-evolving technology environment
- Strong understanding of customer insights management, customer awareness, and market trends
- Prior experience managing customer insights teams
- Experience with remote staff management
- University degree in sales, marketing, business, or similar disciplines is preferred
- Experience in healthtech—especially in a start-up environment—is preferred
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] The salary for this role is between $156,400 – $312,800