Senior Financial Analyst
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] target="_blank">Freedom 2 Save student debt program and [Register to View] target="_blank">FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position is an on-site opportunity in the Abbott Diabetes Care Division. We are helping people with Diabetes lead healthier, happier lives. As a global leader in diabetes care, Abbott is constantly working to deliver the highest quality products and unwavering support to our customers. Consistent and accurate glucose monitoring is the foundation of any diabetes management plan, so we’re committed to continuous improvement in the way patients and professionals measure, track and analyze glucose levels.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will support our margin improvement initiative while providing financial analysis and clear communication of financial impacts of strategic programs that will help drive improved margins. Our Senior Analyst will monitor performance of the programs and conduct / report variance analysis. This highly visible role will partner with different functions within the Division and Corporate departments to ensure the financial and operational success of the margin improvement initiative. This is a broad scoped position with strong opportunity for growth and career development based on performance. This is an onsite opportunity in Alameda, CA.
What You'll Do
- Supports Finance Management on key projects and analysis
- Will be integral player in development of LBE (forecast) templates utilized by the entire global finance departments and be expected to assist in providing guidance to senior finance personnel
- Will have the opportunity to see entire P&L each LBE cycle, learning key business drivers from each department
- Will assist in Key Consolidation of Divisional LBE’s for all key P&L accounts (including sales, operational variances, standard costs, transfer prices, R&D, SG&A, etc.)
- Will be expected to create slides summarizing key business activities that support the financial submissions from the finance teams. Slides will be reviewed by senior leadership (including Divisional Controller and SVP)
- Interfaces with Senior Management and Department Managers and key stakeholders to gain understanding of key revenue and cost drivers
- Manage and own several HQ department budgets (including month end close, LBE development and general business partner support)
- Prepares key management reports emphasizing historical results, budgets, forecasts, and trends.
- Working with other finance teams, assist in preparing monthly management reporting packages that include analysis and key business changes that impact the division, including sales and patient data, manufacturing data and status of key product launches
- Will have opportunity to identify and enhance key analytics of the Division P&L and be expected to present to DHQ Management and/or Division Controller these analytics
- Should be willing to utilize tools (e.g. Excel, Power BI, etc) to help complete tasks in a more meaningful, streamlined manner
- Completes ad hoc financial requests as needed
EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in finance, accounting or economics)
- 3-5 years financial analysis / FP&A experience
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and systems
- Knowledge of the principles, processes and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting.
- Highly Proficient in MS Office especially Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret financial data to make recommendations as well as problem solve
- Masters Degree / MBA preferred
- Experience with Hyperion EssBase, SAP and Power BI
Please note : Abbott is recruiting for future roles in the Finance space.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free cov erage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] Information
General Medical Devices:
Our medical devices help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, we focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
We’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive, and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease.
Our Neuromodulation business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum.
Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
In Abbott’s Heart Failure (HF) business, we’re developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular is a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level.
Our Point of Care diagnostic portfolio spans key heath and therapeutic areas, including infections disease, cardiometabolic, informatics and toxicology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.