Trade Control Associate Specialist
We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
The Global Trade Control Associate Specialist will support Emergent’s Global Trade Control function in addressing applicable export and import control requirements.
The Global Trade Control Associate Specialist will work alongside other various business functions to embed and support Global Trade Control management to address export and import requirements. Activities may include defining global trade compliance business requirements, supporting the development of tailored global trade compliance trainings, supporting the application and provision of export license, and other activities pertaining to global trade controls.
This role will ultimately support Emergent in maintaining compliance with applicable global trade regulations.
This position is a FULL-TIME, REMOTE opportunity.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage global trade compliance requirements and realize efficiencies in Emergent’s global supply chain
- Classify imports and exports under their respective regulatory regimes (HTSUS, EAR, ITAR)
- Obtain and manage export and import licenses, permits, and registrations
- Implement company-wide and business-line specific import and export trade control processes (e.g., supporting the development of project specific Technology Control Plans)
- Develop and conduct tailored global trade compliance trainings
- Keep Powers of Attorney and Bonds with logistics partners updated for supply chain operations
- Monitor regulatory changes, including emerging regulations that affect trade compliance and communicate regulatory changes to affected parties
- Manage Emergent’s restricted party screening process including ensuring all relevant business partners are screened, potential matches are reviewed, and escalating restricted parties as necessary
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through customs valuation, first sale export planning, analysis of transfer pricing policies and the utilization of FTA programs
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
Education, Experience, & Skills
- 3+ years of experience U.S. export control experience (operational, government, law firm, or consulting)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Knowledge of U.S. export regulations including EAR and ITAR
- Knowledge of U.S. import regulations (HTSUS classification, FTA utilization, Origination analyses, etc.)
- Knowledge of non-U.S. export or import regulations
- Advanced degree / diploma / certificate in a relevant subject
- Government agency or freight forwarding / custom brokerage experience (DDTC, BIS, CBP)
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills
- Strong research, writing, verbal communication, and project management skills
- Familiarity with technology tools and system used to manage global trade requirements
- Knowledge of board of pharmacy state licensing requirements
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to the terms of our [Register to View]
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.