Are you interested in making Pharmacy Technician a career instead of a job?
Come join a team committed to innovating healthcare and helping people on their path to better health. As a Pharmacy Technician with CVS Health, you will be a part of the Central Fill team, working in a closed-door pharmacy setting, and filling prescriptions on behalf of CVS pharmacy locations. You will play an integral role in producing and shipping a high volume of prescriptions, while working with an engaged team of pharmacists and technicians.
• Work to fill patient prescriptions safely, accurately, and in a timely fashion.
• Manage, utilize, and maintain automatic dispensing systems.
• Ensure proper inventory management and workflow processes are followed to maintain an adequate stock of medication.
• Understand and follow applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles; complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety and protect patient privacy and security.
• Partner and work closely with shipping vendors. Follow proper protocols to assure accuracy, as you prepare and package prescriptions for delivery.
• Deliver results while balancing quality and efficiency in all tasks, maintain accuracy while consistently meeting workflow goals.
• Collaborate with internal teammates and pharmacists to complete necessary orders and identify opportunities for improvement as a team.
• Actively seek opportunities to expand clinical and technical knowledge.
• Leverage tools and training resources to develop basic drug understanding and technical expertise.
At CVS Health, we offer great opportunities to grow your talent and career. We offer:
- Full-time benefits including:
o And more!
- Career Advancement Opportunities
•Must be at least 18 years of age
• Licensure requirements vary by state. Learn more by visiting your state’s
Board of Pharmacy website or asking the hiring manager
Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service
• Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
• High School diploma or equivalent (preferred)
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.