On Call Pathology Assistant
We are seeking a Certified Pathologist Assistant to join the LabCorp team where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality medical laboratory services. Our services are performed with the utmost care, expertise, integrity and respect for the patient. Please note, you will need to provide official sealed transcripts as well as documentation for any applicable certification to secure employment with LabCorp.
Schedule is on-call and as needed basis.
• Perform complete dissection, gross description, selection and submission of tissue for microscopic examination and special studies following departmental guidelines.
• Follow the laboratory's procedure for specimen handling and processing.
• Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies and procedures.
• Assist other areas rotations within the department with specified assignments in a timely manner after the assigned job has been completed.
• Ensure a professional environment is maintained.
• Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and work to correct or report the problem.
• Maintain high ethical standards and integrity in performing the assigned duties.
• Knowledge of hazardous waste management.
• Knowledge of personal protection measures and blood borne pathogens.
• Experience cutting frozen sections is desired Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry or a related science
• Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathology is highly preferred
• No experience required with the completion of a NAACLS accredited PA program
• Experience in a high volume clinical laboratory environment is preferred
• Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
• Knowledge of quality control and quality assurance processes
• Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
• High level of attention detail along with strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of hazardous waste management and personal protection measures
• Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
• Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
• Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.