Biopharm Manufacturing Associate, Apprentice Program, US, 2023
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - King of Prussia
Posted Date: Nov 14 2022
Join the GSK’s Biopharm Manufacturing Associate Apprentice Program – US, 2023: Help us get ahead of disease together
GSK Apprenticeships are full-time entry level opportunities that offer high school graduates and community college students the opportunity to begin their career while studying towards their associate degree. This associate degree is fully funded by GSK, which YES, means NO COLLEGE DEBT!
- Must have earned a high school diploma or equivalency diploma by June 2023.
- High school GPA 2.5 (“B”) or above (4.0 scale)
- High school Algebra and Geometry or 2 units equivalent of academic math (GPA 2.5 or above in each case)
- High school English (GPA 2.5 or above)
- High school Biology and Chemistry (GPA 2.5 or above)
- Must have 0- 30 college credits
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in English
- Have studied AP Biology, or Chemistry
- Have studied more than 1 life science
- Have studied High School Physics
- Have studied High School Pre-Calculus
- Have studied engineering, technology, robotics, shop or STEM related courses at high school
- Must be 18 years of age by August 1, 2023
- Less than 2 years of related work experience since graduating from high school
- If offered a position the candidate must be willing to enroll, and meet entry requirements, with one of GSK's partnering community colleges or technical institutions, in the preferred related instruction course.
- Must be able to commute on a daily basis to the GSK manufacturing facility and related community college or technical institution
Start date: August 2023
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible. We will close this vacancy when we have enough applications, so please apply as soon as you can so your application can be considered.
If you seem like a good fit based on your application form, we will invite you to complete our World of GSK online assessment. Please complete the World of GSK by the deadline provided. Next, we will invite you to complete a phone interview. If you succeed in the online assessment, and the phone interview, you will be invited to join us for the final stage: our Assessment Center
Assessment Centre Date: May/ June 2023
We want you to be motivated and passionate for the apprenticeship you apply to – we will only accept ONE Apprenticeship application per candidate each year. Please do your research before applying and select the one Apprenticeship you wish to apply to – good luck with your application!
Unsure of which apprenticeship you are best suited to? Please contact [Register to View]
Are you looking to gain a head start in your career where you can help positively impact the health of billions of people?
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get ahead together.
Find out more:
Inspired to help us get ahead together? Apply for the Biopharm Manufacturing Associate Apprenticeship program at GSK today!
We are looking for highly motivated high school graduates, with an interest in science and engineering, who are looking to jump start their career in the biopharmaceutical industry. The apprenticeship program allows you to develop hands-on technical skills while continuing your education.
Working at our biopharmaceutical manufacturing sites you will help to ensure we have the latest, safe, efficient, and reliable processes and equipment to deliver life-saving medicines and vaccines to people in 90 % of the world’s countries. This role will enable you to develop your skills in an industry that’s making radical changes to the way it develops and manufactures products.
Ahead together with tailored training and career development
This entry-level, development opportunity offers you the chance to study towards nationally recognized qualifications while gaining hands-on, paid on-the-job training. Our apprentices attend college part-time studying theory elements of the apprenticeship while working at a GSK Biopharma Manufacturing facility.
Biopharm manufacturing associate apprentices at Upper Merion will spend approx. 1 day per week studying towards an associate’s degree in Biotechnology or Engineering at our partner community college. You will spend most of your week working in our manufacturing facilities, rotating through different departments, receiving tailored on-the-job training from our in-house industry experts. Over the 3- 4 years of the apprenticeship you will have a personal training program to help you develop and progress.
What will you do?
As a biopharm manufacturing associate apprentice, you may get involved in the following activities:
- Performing complex manufacturing processes in a highly automated, regulated environment – ensuring quality, safety and accuracy in all that we do
- Operating our specialized highly automated equipment to make our products.
- Preparing media and buffer solutions for the manufacturing processes.
- Monitoring growth and health of cell cultures to check product quality
- Monitoring and analyzing production processes and data, utilizing various instruments and control systems
- Working in teams to continuously improve the functionality of our automated equipment and processes
- Work in a compliant manner to ensure the safety of yourself, others and the protection of the environment
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
- Fully funded college education!
Let’s do this!
You’ll find hints, tips and guidance on our recruitment process on our website
[Register to View] and let us know how we can help you.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-[Register to View] (US Toll Free) or +1 [Register to View] (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.