Facilities Maintenance Technician
Facilities Maintenance Technician
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma Inc and focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's heath around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
AIRM has a world-class R&D team, and is pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, ranging from macular degeneration (currently in clinical trials) and other ocular indications to vascular and autoimmune disease. AIRM's intellectual property portfolio includes pluripotent stem cell platforms -- both embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells as well as other cell-based therapy research programs. AIRM is headquartered in Massachusetts.
Astellas is announcing a Facilities Maintenance Technician opportunity at their Astellas Institute of Regenerative Medicine (AIRM) site in Westborough, MA.
Working in a 260,000sqft building housing office space and biological research laboratories, the incumbent provides preventive and emergency maintenance support for building the structure and systems. Reports building damages, malfunctioning equipment, needed maintenance and/or repairs in assigned work areas. Responds to emergency calls on and off hours. Inputs work order data into computerized maintenance management system. Manages third party vendors for preventive and as needed maintenance. Participates in training to keep and acquire knowledge, skills, and abilities in order to remain current with standard operational practices and revised standards. Follows all Astellas policies to maintain a safe, professional, and compliant workspace.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Building Rounds: Perform regular inspections of building areas for leaks, damages, non-functioning fixtures, etc. Record deficiencies and follow-ups for remediation in the CMMS
- Systems Rounds: Utilize the BAS and visual inspections to perform daily evaluations of critical systems for alarms and out of tolerance conditions. Report deficiencies and follow-ups for remediation in the CMMS
- Perform preventive maintenance and as needed repairs on systems including but not limited to chillers, cooling towers, heat recovery, air handlers, exhaust fans, dampers; pH neutralization, RODI, compressed air, vacuum systems, and water heaters; lighting, electricity generators, security card readers, and security cameras
- Manage vendors for routine maintenance and emergency repairs
- Carpentry: Wall repair; painting; hang writing boards, shelving, etc.; window and door hardware repair; ceiling tile replacement; carpet and tile repair
- Locksmithing: Basic repair or replacement of door hardware including closers, locks, and cylinders
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Direct impact on regulatory and inspectional performance of the facility.
- Direct impact on sustainability of building operations.
- Direct impact on supporting safety and environmental compliance.
- Works transversally in support of all Astellas functional teams at the AIRM site.
- Significant impact on the company's ability to meet strategic goals with respect to cost, performance, and timing.
- Reports to the Sr. Manager, Facilities
- Partners with Research and other groups to improve internal processes and support building operations
- Liaises with Manager, Environmental Health & Safety to ensure compliance with all local, state, federal guidelines and Astellas global policies.