Senior Oracle Database Administrator
As a Senior Oracle Database Administrator on our team, you will support multiple databases of medium to high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility of data.
Some of the main responsibilities for this position include:
• Monitoring and tuning databases to ensure optimal performance in production and all the lower environments like Performance testing, UAT, DEV etc.
• Designing, installing, configuring and maintaining High Availability (RAC, RAC One Node, Data Guard, Golden Gate etc.) Database solutions.
• Performing capacity planning of Oracle server environment and provide recommendations to management to sustain organic business growth.
• Developing solutions that keep data secure and safe based on appropriate access controls and encryption.
• Training and mentoring junior Database Administrators and Associate Database Administrators.
• Ability to participate in an on-call rotation providing 24x7x365 operations support.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 7+ years of progressive experience in databases engineering and support - Oracle Enterprise Edition 11G/12C/19C.
• 5+ years of experience with administration of Oracle DB's with ASM on Linux/ UNIX operating system.
• 5+ years of experience with Oracle RAC (11G,12C,19C).
• 3+ years of experience with Golden Gate both Uni-Directional and Bi-directional (12c/18C/19C).
• 3+ years of Performance & Tuning and SQL Tuning.
• 2+ years of experience writing SQL queries for root cause analysis and tuning.
• Strong experience in Oracle database’s architecture, implementation, and database internals.
• Experience working as a DBA in large scale, high volume, online transaction processing (OLTP) systems.
• Healthcare experience.
• Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Certification.
• Knowledge of cloud technologies and management of databases in the cloud.
• Experience working in OEM 12C/13C.
• Knowledge in one more DB technologies like MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL.
• Bash shell scripting, Python scripting experience for database tasks.
• Strong problem-solving skills and have a results-oriented attitude.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks independently.
• Very strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.