Senior Financial Analyst-US Third Party Manufacturing - Nutrition - Columbus OH
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Senior Financial Analyst -U.S. - Third Party Manufacturing (TPM)
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our location in Columbus, OH, currently has an opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst -U.S. Third Party Manufacturing (TPM).
What You’ll Work On
Key finance partner for the US Third Party Manufacturing (TPM) organization with responsibilities including:
- Analysis of financial performance by TPM relating to forecasts and actual results.
- Strategic partnership across various functional areas to assess financial viability of future product launches by developing cost estimates
- Develop annual standard costs. Develop year-to-year cost change analysis and present to Business Unit Management.
- Financial support for Plan and Forecast (LBE) cycles. Perform and evaluate analytics of the various TPMs, key commodities, and other operations supported. Work with Business Managers to understand current TPM environment and related financial impacts.
- Actual/LBE preparation. Review and understand variances from Plan/LBE. Prepare monthly packages for circulation of results through finance and the TPM organization.
- Maintain internal controls and account reconciliations for respective business unit inventory to ensure appropriate inventory valuation and safeguards.
Provide ad hoc analysis to support complex decision-making.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proficient with financial modeling, systems, tools including Excel, and COGNOS
- A minimum of 4 - 6 years of finance/accounting. Proficient in systems/spreadsheet consolidation skills. Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. Must be able to manage multiple priorities and achieve required timeliness.
- Experience in cost accounting or operations, knowledge of SAP costing preferred. Key candidates will have knowledge of Power BI and Alteryx.
- Intellectual curiosity, desire to learn and drive to root cause of various issues.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.