Medical Technologist - Evenings
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist in Saraland, AL. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
The work schedule for this position will be:
Monday - Friday (12p-8pm) and alternating weekends
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science (or 24 credits in Chemistry/Biology constituting a biological science major) as required by CLIA
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
In order to ensure the safety of our patients , this position requires as part of the post-offer onboarding process, successful completion of medical surveillance testing which includes: TB testing; proof of immunity or vaccination for Hepatitis B, Varicella, and MMR; TDAP; proof of vaccination for COVID-19 (must be fully vaccinated: at least two weeks or more following receipt of the second dose in a two-dose series, or two or more weeks following receipt of a single-dose vaccine); annual flu vaccination; and color blind deficiency testing (if required by position). Labcorp will consider reasonable accommodations If you are in need of an exemption due to a medical contraindication/disability or religious belief.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .