Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Special Chemistry
***$8,000 Sign on Bonus for external candidates***
LabCorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor to join our team in Tampa, FL. This position will be responsible for supervising a team of both technical and non-technical employees for the Special Chemistry department. The Supervisor will be responsible for scheduling, training, competency, and ensuring the team meets all regulatory requirements for a CAP accredited lab. This is a great leadership opportunity, where you will have the opportunity to facilitate innovation, manage change, and foster teambuilding to provide the highest quality product for our word-class chemistry laboratory!
The Tampa Core Regional Lab is minutes from the airport and close to some of the greatest beaches in FL. Labcorp offers free parking and innovative workplace where you can contribute to cutting edge medical technology!
The schedule for this position will be 3rd shift, Monday – Friday 8 PM – 4:30 AM.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Special Chemistry Department
- Ensure laboratory tests are accurately performed and results are reported in a timely manner
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory personnel of the department
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab and schedule adequate assay coverage
- Responsible for ensuring all shifts in the department are properly staffed
- Research and resolve any production errors while escalating when necessary
- Engage in continuous process and service level improvements
- Ensure all equipment is being properly maintained through Quality Control
- Prepare and maintain Quality Assurance records and documents
- Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate recommendations
- Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and feedback for their development
- Perform bench work as needed and maintain proficiency/competency in technical operations
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations
- Responsible for administering and managing policies and procedures
- Process and maintain payroll and personnel files
- Perform administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements
- A minimum of 6 years of clinical laboratory experience
- A Florida state license or ASCP certification as a Clinical Lab Supervisor
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Comfortability making decisions in a changing environment
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .