Medical Laboratory Technologist
Labcorp is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Technologist to join the team! This position will be working in Rocky Mount, NC. The Medical Lab Technician/Technologist will be performing routine moderate complexity testing, as well as Phlebotomy.
Schedule: Monday-Thursday 7:30am-5:00pm and Friday 7:30am-1:00pm. Hours may vary based on client needs.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- 2-5 years of experience in a clinical lab setting
- Associates degree in clinical lab science required. Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, Medical Lab Science or Clinical Lab Science preferred
- Proficiency in Phlebotomy required
- ASCP or AMT required as a Medical Laboratory Technician or Medical Technologist preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Our U.S. Personal Choice Benefits
We believe improving health and lives starts from within. Learn about our comprehensive U.S. Personal Choice Benefits program, including wellness tools and resources.
Live your healthiest life
We offer a range of medical, dental and vision plans as well as life insurance and short-/long-term disability coverage. As a U.S. employee, you are automatically enrolled in our No Charge Laboratory Testing program.
Enjoy paid time off
Our hourly team members enjoy competitive time off and paid holiday leave. Our salaried U.S. team members have the flexibility to request time away from work, without the limits of accrued hours or carryover limits.
Reach your professional goals
We're proud to support every step of your career with 100% tuition coverage, professional development programs, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make your money go further
We are proud to offer a $300 fitness reimbursement, discounts on products and services, such as WW (Weight Watchers), cell phone services, computers, auto/home insurance, identity theft protection, legal assistance and more.
Promote inclusion and diversity
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are an important part of our culture. Through our ERGs our employees build career development skills, experience developmental opportunities and partner with volunteer organizations to strengthen our bond with communities
Invest in your wellbeing
We offer solutions for maintaining mental health, including live and personal wellness coaching, free premium mental health app access and an Employee Assistance Program which provides 24/7 confidential guidance from professional advisors.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .