Delivery Driver - Pharmacy Technician - Full Time
As a Delivery Driver and Pharmacy Technician for Omnicare Pharmacy, you will deliver prescription orders and/or products to customers on a
predetermined route and schedule. Delivery drivers and pharmacy technicians take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory
compliance standards are met for our patients and they demonstrate ethical conduct and always maintain patient confidentiality. Success for
incumbents in this role includes being able to manage all assigned pharmacy workstations and tasks to support the team’s ability to fill patient
prescriptions promptly, safely and accurately.
• Partner with function supervisor to coordinate workflow for assigned functions that prepare and process medications.
• Follow policy and procedures for the proper non-sterile and/or sterile product compounding and assembly of clinical
• May prepare medications by measure, mix, count out, label and record amounts and dosages of highly regulated
• medications according to prescription orders following Long Term Care Pharmacy policies, regulations and procedures.
• May have responsibility for compliance functions.
• Assist with workflow coordination
• Ensure and maintain a safe and clean work environment
• Rotate and work within assigned pharmacy workstations, to safely and accurately fill patient prescriptions all while
• providing caring service that exceeds customer expectations. Workstations include: Driving, Packaging, Staging,
• Returns, Receiving, Cycle Fill, Machine Packaging
• Take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients and
• they demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• Maintain and full compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations
• Maintain highest professional and ethical standards
• Provide timely and accurate delivery of medication, equipment, products and/or supplies to long term care facilities or
• patient’s homes
• Load products/materials for delivery into delivery vehicle in a safe and orderly fashion
• Log deliveries and return accompanying documents as appropriate.
• Confirm correct medication is in correct shipment packaging for the facility
• Maintain vehicles and alert management for maintenance issues
• Responsible for vehicle maintenance and alerting management for maintenance issues.
• Maintain safe operation of all delivery vehicles
• Use of mobile phones and applications to navigate your route using basic internet applications and GPS functions per
• designated route sequence
• Deploy alternative delivery methods in emergency situations
• Following all applicable government regulations including HIPAA to ensure patient confidentiality
• Drive for long periods of time
• Responsible to receive product deliveries, pull and stage product for distribution, rotate stock, and coordinate activities
• with drivers to ensure shipments are accurate and deliveries are timely.
• Perform physical inventories.
• Sort all baskets from V2 according to facility units, location, and delivery times
• Scans all medication pending for delivery
• Prepares manifests and ancillary paperwork to correspond to appropriate nursing facility.
• Retrieve medication totes from PVII pharmacists that are to be scanned for delivery (STATs included)
• Check bins before delivery departure for missed meds
• During down times assist pharmacy floor for additional support.
• Scans manifests into system for confirmation of delivery
Notwithstanding the language in the below COVID Requirements section that references exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons, successful candidates for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. Certain health care facilities and other clientele will not allow unvaccinated colleagues to enter their premises, even with a reasonable accommodation that involves COVID-19 testing. Since some of the essential functions of this position must be performed within our clients facilities, no exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be allowed for this position.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• High School Diploma or GED is required
• Certification/licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law.
• The ability to concentrate on a task over a period without being distracted
• Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
• Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made,asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day’s supply of a prescription
• Is able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
• Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
• Customer service orientation
• Possess geographical knowledge of service area
• Flexibility required Nights and Weekends
• Current, valid driver’s license in the state at the level required for the vehicle’s operation
• Ability to drive for long periods of time
Notwithstanding the language in the below COVID Requirements section that references exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons, successful candidates for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. Certain health care facilities and other clientele will not allow unvaccinated colleagues to enter their premises, even with a reasonable accommodation that involves COVID-19 testing. Since some of the essential functions of this position must be performed within our clients’ facilities, no exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be allowed for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Prior experience in the long-term care industry
• Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
• Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
• Prior driving experience
• Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.