Field Nurse Consultant Long Term Care
*** This full time, field-based travel role provides pre-survey audits of the medication management process in Omnicare contracted facilities. Eligible candidates will reside within the Austin or San Antonio metro areas and will travel to facilities in the surrounding areas and other states as needed. **
This critically important role is responsible for providing consultative support to contracted Skilled Nursing (SNF) and Assisted Living (ALF) facilities. The Clinical Nurse will work collaboratively with other Omnicare disciplines to develop client relationships, aid in the retention and expansion of existing business, and help to ensure execution of contract covenants.
The Clinical Nurse is responsible for the below, most of which must be completed on-site within LTC facilities:
• Build strong client relationships by consistently delivering client interactions that develop trust and show value
• Meet with customers to present Omnicare Infusion Services and promote utilization of support tools and programs
• Evaluate regulatory compliance and determine clinical education needs for our clients as it relates to pharmacy services
• Conduct Quality Assurance audits to assist client facilities in preparation for regulatory surveys, including med pass observations and medication cart audits
• Identify and provide recommendations regarding deficiencies and opportunities around drug inventories, storage, and distribution
• Provide ongoing clinical training to facility staff, typically in small groups of 10-15 staff members
• Present infusion education programs to LTC facility licensed nursing staff
• Manage resolution of client issues and requests
• Operate with strong business acumen and industry knowledge, remaining conscious of industry trends
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Registered Nurse with current license in state of employment; additional licensure may be required in multi-state service areas
• Established success in clinical nursing field with at least 5 years of recent nursing experience that may include direct patient care, physical assessment, clinical education, and group in-servicing
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Web applications
• Ability to travel regularly, up to 80%
• Valid driver's license and ability to drive long distances
Notwithstanding the language in the below COVID Requirements section that references exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons, successful candidates for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. Certain health care facilities and other clientele will not allow unvaccinated colleagues to enter their premises, even with a reasonable accommodation that involves COVID-19 testing. Since some of the essential functions of this position must be performed within our clients’ facilities, no exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be allowed for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Multi-facility long term care clinical experience
• Director/Assistant Director of Nursing experience
• State Long Term Care Surveyor experience
RN Diploma, LPN, Associates or BS degree in nursing
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.