Biopharmaceutical Associate, Senior
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Jan 18 2023
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Possesses expertise and functional knowledge of the following areas and ability to perform the activity with minimal guidance and producing quality results:
- Follow appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs), protocols and batch records to safely perform process operations and document compliantly with good documentation and data integrity practices.
- Perform the set-up, operation, cleaning and break-down of process equipment.
- Perform sampling procedures on various analytical instruments to analyze cell culture, solution and/or product concentration characteristics. Operate Filter integrity devices to confirm the integrity of filters pre and post use.
- Knowledge and skill required to manage and use automation and emerging digital platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with process operations, equipment and instrument monitoring and trending to enable proactive identification of issues to escalate and correct with applicable departments.
- Assist resolution of technical and process problems; Identify, develop and implement process.
- Transfers information to audiences of varying levels of technical knowledge, so that each member of the audience clearly understands the message.
- Follow all related safety policies and procedures and put safety first by playing an active role in identifying and correcting unsafe behaviors and conditions.
Basic understanding and knowledge of the following areas and ability to perform the activity with some supervisory guidance:
- Ability to articulate production equipment and / or manufacturing process problems to ensure accurate and detailed communication.
- Actively participating in the application of the GSK Production System (GPS) continuous improvement system and apply the GPS mindsets and behaviors.
General familiarity with the following areas:
- Knowledge of biopharmaceutical processes and equipment, data analysis and identification and escalation of problems to the appropriate support group.
- A key management capability that encompasses the ability to collaborate and build relationships to define the organizational and business big picture (mission, vision, strategic plan, etc.),
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Working with others to gain win-win situations, using persuasive communication, understanding influencing models, negotiation, overcoming resistance.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of directly related experience manufacturing experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Ability to work shifts that cover a 24/7 production operation
- Ability to lift and carry materials weighing as much as 50lbs.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Art / Associates Degree in biological sciences, chemical sciences, engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Demonstration of a high level of performance
- Must be able to follow detailed processing instructions as well as accurately documenting all necessary documentation.
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Healthcare, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we’re making the most significant changes we’ve made to our business in over 20 years. We’re on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, talent, and technology to get ahead of disease together – all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients – so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact – with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing. So, if you’re ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-[Register to View] (US Toll Free) or +1 [Register to View] (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.