Clinical Laboratory Team Leader
Are you an experienced clinical laboratory professional looking for a leadership opportunity? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Team Leader to join our team at Seton Medical Center in Austin, TX. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
The work schedule for this position is 3rd shift, 8:00pm to 6:30am, 4 10-hour days between Monday and Friday. May provide some weekend coverage as needed.
- Assist the supervisor with the day to day operations of the department
- Send daily, weekly and monthly production reports to management
- Assist with the training of new hires and the development of current employees
- Keep supervisor informed of group progress, problems, employee performance and any significant factors affecting assigned responsibilities
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to SOPs
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Medical Technologist
- ASCP and/or AMT Certifications are a plus
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience is preferred
- Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
- Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Comfortability making decisions in a changing environment
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
This site requires workers to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Labcorp will consider reasonable accommodations If you are in need of an exemption due to a medical contraindication/disability or religious belief.
If you’re looking for a career with an industry leader that offers opportunity for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .