Genetic Counselor - Remote
Labcorp Genetics has an opening for a Remote-Based Genetic Counselor to provide prenatal telegenetic counseling services. Our genetic counselors providing telegenetic services enjoy the support of a team of genetic counselors and the flexibility of working from home. In this patient facing position, this individual will provide focused genetic counseling regarding carrier screening and cell-free DNA results. This role will support multiple clients and will focus heavily on results reporting.
Note: Location is flexible and candidate can reside anywhere in the US. Schedule for the position will be: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (local time zone to the candidate).
In this job, you will:
- Support results reporting program for multiple clients through:
- Calling to patients to discuss test results and
- Providing results to patients using an innovative approach of genetic results reporting
- Be able to engage in professional growth opportunities including abstracts and publications, physician education and other projects
- Limited opportunity to provide comprehensive genetic counseling for high risk couples, via telegenetic counseling (video conference)
- Have access to the expertise of a nation-wide organization of medical geneticists, biochemical and molecular geneticists, and over 100 counseling colleagues
- Enjoy benefits including a competitive compensation package, CEU educational support and reimbursement for genetic counseling certification
- MA/MS in Human Genetics/Genetic Counseling
- ABGC/ABMG certification or active candidate status required
- Ability to obtain multi-state licensure
- Previous prenatal genetic counseling experience preferred
About Labcorp Genetics:
As a leading provider of genetic testing and counseling services, Labcorp Genetics offers the largest national commercial network of genetic counselors. Providing a broad range of counseling services, including prenatal and preconception, infertility, and hereditary cancer care, the genetic counseling team supports improved patient understanding that enables personalized informed decision-making. Labcorp Genetics has more than 25 years of experience providing genetic counseling services to health care providers and their patients.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .