$1000 Sign-On Bonus for qualified new hires!
Sign-on bonus does not apply if you are already working with CVS Health/MinuteClinic.
The Medical Assistant is an integral part of the clinic team inside of MinuteClinic. The role assists in providing medical services in a unique retail setting. Under the supervision of a MinuteClinic Health Services Supervisor, with day to day direction from the clinic Provider, the Medical Assistant will advance the evidence based practice in all patient encounters as they perform the major job duties and tasks within the scope of their training.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
Phlebotomy and other Medical Services
* Perform blood draws and sending samples to a reference lab for processing, while demonstrating proper collection techniques
* Maintains knowledge of laboratory tests and appropriate computer ordering codes and process specimens maintaining specimen integrity
* Collect and document vital signs on patients
* Preparing, administering, and providing vaccination services as well as collect hair and oral fluid specimen samples
* Operate an EKG device for non-emergency readings on patients.
* Capture images of a patient’s retina by using a fundus camera
* Perform additional medical services that fall within the certification of a Medical Assistant under the supervision of a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
* Assist with patient registration, available to answer questions regarding MinuteClinic services, and manage patients in the waiting space
* Act as a chaperone if a patient or provider in the primary exam room requests one.
* Participate in community engagement outreach and initiatives to drive practice growth.
Clinic Operations Support
* Ordering and maintaining adequate supplies for the clinic.
* Keeping Clinical Rooms clean, uncluttered and suitable for patient care
* Follows universal precautions in cleaning up or disposing of any blood of body fluids.
* Employee may be required to complete or be responsible for additional job duties as assigned by Nurse Practitioner, Senior Practice Manager, Senior Clinician or Area Director.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
* Minimum of one-year related work experience in a healthcare setting required
* Previous experience and ability to demonstrate phlebotomy blood draws is required
* Previous experience and ability to demonstrate documenting within an Electronic Medical Record required
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrates initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability, flexibility, and has the ability to work independently
* Clinical skills: documentation of care, medication administration, infection control precautions, assessing patient educational needs, physical assessment, obtaining vital signs, care coordination.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
* Medical Assistant Certification
* Phlebotomy Certification
* Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant Program
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.