Assistant Director, Global Commercial Training, Oncology
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Hybrid work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas’ Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in hybrid work are encouraged to apply.
The Assistant Director, Global Commercial Training, Oncology, will work across all functions of Sales & Marketing in regards to the assigned oncology products to create the products Global-for-Local learning journey framework including training needs assessment and prioritization, alignment with strategic business objectives, and measuring and evaluating the impact of trainings strategy on business performance. This role will act as the nexus between the Strategic Brand Marketing Teams, Priority Markets, the In-Market Product Training Team to create connections and increase efficiencies by reducing duplication of training efforts and resource creation.
This role is instrumental for setting the strategic direction for the TA and Product trainings and ensuring the implementation of Industry best practices. Will provide strategic direction on training and development of the Astellas field teams supporting the assigned oncology products. The Assistant Director TA/Product Training Oncology will leverage product knowledge, disease state and clinical acumen training resources to develop a full training curriculum to empower the local affiliates. This role will connect the In-Market Training Teams together and lead strategically by acting as a key decision-making power globally on the brand training design and development. Additionally, they will partner with In-Market Commercial Leadership to develop the vision for the training and capabilities, aligning strategy and operational insight.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Sets learning strategies & priorities while leading the design, development and build of global training resources and curriculums
- Design learning journey framework that ensures competencies development in the most effective and efficient way. Provides thought leadership and innovation to shape and develop impactful learning programs in support of the brand(s) objectives
- Will develop the strategic priorities training based on a deep understanding of the commercial strategy for each brand and determine training priorities.
- Conducts needs analysis to assess training needs based on competencies and gaps globally for the purpose of designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating solutions that will build high performing sales teams globally. Will design and implement new training based on outcomes of needs analysis to fully understand the skill gaps and future growth requirements.
- Work with TA/Product Training Head, In-Market training teams, Commercial division, respective SBMs to proactively identify training needs and skills gaps, and prioritize them
- Work cross-functionally with all Commercial Functions to identify and address the training needs of annual Brand Strategy for the assigned products
- Design training plans and curriculums according to learning journey framework and needs assessment
- Ensure standardization of plan execution and training skills development
- Ensure TA/Product training plans reflects product lifecycle, strategic product and therapy area priorities and readiness of commercial organization
- Develop and update training content in collaboration with respective Strategic brand marketing teams, medical affairs, and other relevant functions
- Develop engaging, inspirational, and high-quality mix of programs and methods for training delivery, including workshops, face to face trainings, on-line modules, and others
- Collaborate with In-market training teams and Learning technologies and solutions stream to identify most effective delivery method and follow up
- Collaborates with Medical Affairs to leverage relevant materials and prepare affiliates for local execution.
- Maintains assigned budgets for all training related activities as needed
- Will create and utilize feedback tools to assess impact of training programs and will suggest areas for continuous improvement. Will assess talent readiness, competency, and capability gaps to create learning experiences that drive execution for the field.
- Will lead collaboration efforts with Alliance Partner and act in the best interest of the Astellas Culture while solidifying partnerships and growing them to ensure mutually positive outcomes that lead to better cross-collaborative execution.
- Remains compliant and models compliant behavior while adhering to all Astellas policies and procedures.
- Increase organizational effectiveness through key L&D industry benchmarks such as: ‘time to impact’, in-role application of knowledge, sales effectiveness, launch excellence, etc.
- Increased alignment of all Learning and Development offerings to the CSP, Com-C strategy, and overall business objectives of Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Management of budget function for learning programs per allocated annual dollars.
- Feedback from training participants to meet or exceed program-training objectives as measured by program evaluations/participant feedback.
- Reports to: Global TA/Product Training Head
- Direct Reports: No Direct Reports
- Other Key Relationships: SBM teams, Regional Marketing, Sales, Leadership teams, Directors of Marketing of assigned products, Health Systems Directors, Legal
- Regulatory, Medical, Ethics and Compliance, CL&D GCA, Commercial Capabilities