Medical Science Liaison/Sr. Medical Science Liaison- Oncology (Texas South)
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Hybrid work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas’ Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in hybrid work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
- Trusted advisor for scientific exchange to Key External Experts (KEEs) and stakeholders throughout the product life cycle.
- Responsible for gathering data from the field that generates medical insights.
- Collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders, within and outside of MA.
- Execute the tactical field plans for engagement with the medical/scientific community for a product.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Scientific and Interaction Expertise
- Engage in scientific exchange in which knowledge about product(s), disease(s) and therapeutic areas is shared to ensure safe and effective use of Astellas products.
- Engage in discussions regarding evolving trends in disease state management, trends in therapy.
- Engage external stakeholders in one-on-one interactions and group settings, demonstrating an excellent scientific and clinical knowledge as well as an understanding of stakeholder needs.
- Maintain medical and scientific knowledge and staying current to enable peer-to-peer scientific exchange.
- Demonstrates high level of proficiency in interpersonal skills to engage effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledgeable on local health care environment and health care dynamics.
- Support Medical Education activities.
- Actively seek future stakeholders (KEEs, Nurses, Pharmacists etc.) in alignment with local health care system.
- Number of expected external medical stakeholders covered: 30-60
- Reports to (depended on structure and size of affiliate and field organization:
- Senior Manager MSL Team Lead or,
- Associate Director MSL Team Lead or,
- Director MSL Team Lead
- Part of the MSL Team; peer to MSL, Sr. MSLs, and Associate Director MSLs