CVS Health Digital is looking for hands-on, passionate people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who want to be on the forefront of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be in the digital world.
This role includes closely working with a team of engineers to drive delivery excellence, partner with business and other IT leaders to build digital assets, provide expert level support to resolve complex issues and provide RCA, identify gaps in systems in current digital eco system and provide solutions to enhance overall performance. All of this is critical to driving Digital growth and improving customer experience. This individual will collaborate with digital leaders, business partners, and IT colleagues to deliver business growth and great customer experiences that differentiate CVS in the market, while ensuring efficient, effective, and safe product development.
• Work with Product and UX teams to be part of a team of engineers in developing elegant code, state-of-the-art customer experiences and build industry leading digital experiences
• Collaborate to drive solutions that would reduce cost and time to market
• Participate in Program Increment (PI) planning and establish communication across all team and Product Owners
• Participate in Agile Scrum team activities including Sprint Planning, Grooming, Daily Scrum, Review and Retro
• Develop applications/web services and cloud native applications using Spring Boot Framework , Java/J2EE, REST API, Spring Core, Spring MVC Framework, Hibernate, Oracle and other tech stacks (Open source and proprietary)
• Unit testing using framework such as Junit, Mockito, JBehave
• Build and deploy services using Gradle, Maven, Jenkins etc. as part of CI/CD process
• Will be responsible for end-to-end application delivery including coordination with required teams for production deployment
• Continuously monitoring application health and KPIs, support triage of any production issues as and when needed
• Collaborate in troubleshooting complex data, features, service, platform issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product and operational issues
• Be an advocate of security best practices, champion and support the importance of security within engineering, partnering with Digital and Enterprise security teams and digital product owners to ensure compliance
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to the fellow engineers in software design and development activities
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 5+ years of overall IT/Digital development experience
• 1+ years of experience with retail eCommerce applications
• 4+ years of development experience using Java/J2EE applications using various Open source and proprietary frameworks – Spring, Springboot, hibernate etc.
• 3+ years of experience developing microservices applications
• Experience with agile development required, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experienced preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; thrives working in a highly iterative, agile, and open team environment
• Experience with any cloud provider (GCP, Azure, AWS)
• Good understanding and working experience in IT Security best practices and other compliance standards such as ADA, HIPAA, PCI DSS
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.