Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- The Crew Lead – 2nd Shift (2:00 PM - 10:30 PM Pacific, Mondays – Fridays + occasional Saturday overtime as needed) is responsible for following established procedures and guidelines to manufacture the organization's products according to production specifications and schedules, volume, cost, and wastage targets, and quality standards.
- Operate machines and production equipment safely and in accordance with instructions.
- Monitor the quality of output to identify, discard, or re-manufacture faulty products.
- Maintain accurate daily production records so that manufacturing performance can be analyzed.
- Help drive continuous improvement programs as rolled out by site leadership
- Help deliver on overall results for a single shift of multi shift manufacturing lines
- Assist in ensuring team members are trained and understand duties, responsibilities, and performance against established expectations
- Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent Technical Diploma (± 12 years)
- Experience : Minimum 2 or more years of experience in a manufacturing industry or relevant industry, within a lead role
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated line leadership experience
- 2 or more years of experience in the food or beverage manufacturing industry, within a lead role
- Lean Six Sigma experience– understanding of Continuous Improvement tools & methodologies
The salary for this role is between $24 – $49