Sr. Project Manager - Indirect Sourcing PM COE (REMOTE)
This Sr. Project Manager - Indirect Sourcing PM COE (REMOTE) position is responsible for management of Indirect Sourcing category vendor agreements. This position analyzes, evaluates, synthesizes and interrelates information from internal and external sources when solving problems and making decisions. The position/candidate needs to have the ability to identify critical success factors when developing strategy and plans. They must be able to weigh and appropriately balance technological, market, competitive, and organizational factors in order to achieve competitive advantage. They must use diverse perspectives when developing plans and making decisions and consider possible outcomes of alternative courses of action. This position will be a member of cross departmental teams that will include all stakeholders in the decision making process.
What to Expect:
- Displays competencies and knowledge in contract development, including key contracting principles, standard terms, laws/regulations, and industry standards.
- Drafts, redlines, reviews, and negotiate Indirect Sourcing category vendor contracts including, but not limited to, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Renewals, etc.
- Applies advanced sourcing methodologies; to include the RFx sourcing processes; to develop negotiating strategies that enable effective negotiations, vendor management and process improvement.
- Management of vendor relationships and manage any escalated issues that involve the vendor/service provider.
- Manages and optimizes supplier performance, including contract compliance, continuous improvement, innovations, and reduction in total cost of ownership
- Works with Legal department to mitigate risk through the review of both legal and business terms.
- Builds strong partnerships with internal stakeholders to identify new opportunities for negotiated cost savings and measure business impact.
- Communicates effectively with vendors, customers, and senior management.
- Prepares and occasionally provides presentations on project/category savings and category spend analysis to Leadership and user groups.
- Be process driven and project focused with ability to prioritize and get projects completed in a timely manner while responding to the changing demands of the business and market.
- Applies best practice for data collection and analysis, risk assessment, stakeholder identification and involvement, total cost of supply, standardization of products and services, building demand plans, contract negotiations, implementation of contracts and change management.
- BA/BS with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience in managing strategic sourcing projects for indirect goods and services contracting.
- Professional designations/certifications/licenses: CPSM or equivalent work experiences preferred
- Up to date knowledge of best procurement practices
- Regional and/or global sourcing responsibilities for spend categories
- Lead projects and/or teams
- Proven negotiation and understanding/knowledge of key contractual terms
- Proven communication skills with all levels of management
- Proven experience with sourcing, contracting, financial analysis associated
- with make/buy decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to complete analytical evaluations to be presented to senior leadership
- decision makers
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .