Product Designer - Web/Mobile - Abbott Lingo Biowearables
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Personalized healthcare is the future. Working on Lingo, you will help build a next-generation technology that enables individuals to make decisions about how to improve energy, lose weight or enhance athletic performance. The Lingo team embodies a start-up culture and mindset with the backing of Abbott, a company with a rich history of healthcare innovation. Join us and grow your career as you help Abbott shape the future of healthcare.
This position works out of our Alameda location in Lingo.
As a product designer, you will champion and design dynamic, world-class user experiences and interfaces. You will be responsible for the overall design decisions and complete tactical design work associated with assigned projects. This includes taking responsibility for delivering user flows, wireframes, prototypes, presentations, and user interface elements.
You will create user-centered app and graphic solutions that are easy to use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and optimize the UX. You will be responsible for a set of activities, including conducting initial user research, driving a solution vision based on business and user insights, designing desirable and intuitive multichannel experiences, developing wireframes and visual designs, and iteratively validating solutions with users.
What you’ll do
- Design innovative, intuitive, and responsive interfaces for mobile and web apps
- Perform UX research
- Develop app user journeys and screens to align with the overall product vision
- Participate in the development process from definition through design, build, test, and release to maintenance
- Work closely with designers, product managers, product owners, developers, and testers to build a comprehensive and competitive customer experience
- Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds
- Research and track advancements in mobile application design patterns
- Create interactive prototypes using software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, and InDesign
- Break any design problems down into viable actionable chunks and solve them with clarity and precision
- As part of the design team, develop and produce artwork and advertising which reflect the identity of Lingo globally
- Collaborate closely with brand and strategy teams to ensure brand coherency and consistency across all creative output
- Proactively identify emerging design trends and contribute to robust internal creative conversations
- Ideate brand-led campaigns
- 5+ years of relevant experience in digital product design
- A creative mindset in fast-evolving technological environments
- In-depth understanding of UX design for mobile and web, technological trends, and human-mobile interaction
- Extensive experience in designing UX for mobile and web products
- Proven track record in conducting UX research projects at all stages of the product development life cycle
- Experience in agile development with a proven track record of managing the process and demonstrating UX efficacy in the model
- Experience in design thinking and user-centric methods
- Sound expertise using design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Invision, Photoshop, InVision, and InDesign
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- University degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, or similar disciplines
The salary for this role is between $104,300 – $208,500