Lab Assistant - Histology
LabCorp is seeking a Lab Assistant to join our team at St. Thomas Midtown Hospital in Nashville, TN. This role works in a high volume, production based environment performing a vital component of clinical lab science.
Schedule: Monday-Friday (11:30a-8:00p)
- Receive and sort clinical lab specimens
- Prepare specimens for testing and analysis
- Scan and/or data entry of specimen and patient information
- Ensure all lab equipment is working properly and perform minor instrumentation maintenance
- Troubleshoot any specimen related issues
- Replenish test bench supplies as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Complete record logs and other administrative duties as requested
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical/lab or production experience is preferred
- Comfortability with handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment and meet established turn-around times
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must pass a standardized color blindness test
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
This site requires workers to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Labcorp will consider reasonable accommodations If you are in need of an exemption due to a medical contraindication/disability or religious belief.
If you’re looking for a career with an industry leader that offers opportunity for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .