Reference Test Clerk
LabCorp is seeking a Reference Test Clerk to join our team in Houston, TX. This position will be responsible for preparing and sending specimens and test requests to LabCorp and/or contracted reference laboratory for testing, as well as releasing referral test results into the computer system.
The schedule for this position will be: Sunday-Thursday, 3:30am-12:00pm; rotating holidays and additional shift coverage as needed.
- Prepare laboratory specimens for various analysis and testing
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve customer and specimen problems
- Send test requests to proper location and release test results
- Assist clients with any specimen related requests or inquires
- Process specimens to be sent out to additional facilities
- Provide support to various areas of the laboratory
- Perform sample sorting, racking and retrieving
- Prepare record logs in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent 1-2 years of experience in a laboratory environment
- Comfortability with handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Well organized and a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must pass a standardized color blindness test
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .