$1,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Candidates Only!
We are seeking Histology Professionals to join the LabCorp team where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality medical laboratory services. Come work as a Histotechnician in our Pathology laboratory located in RTP, NC alongside a highly trained staff with the latest technology. Our services are performed with the utmost care, expertise, integrity and respect for the patient.
In this position, the Histotechnician will be responsible for performing microtomy and embedding of paraffin blocks and special stains, assist with non-technical duties as requested by team lead or supervisor to meet immediate needs of the department.
*Please note, you will need to provide official transcripts as well as documentation for any applicable certification to secure technical employment with LabCorp. *
The schedule for this position will be: 2nd shift, Monday-Friday 1:00pm-9:30pm. Position is eligible for 10% shift differential for 2nd shift hours.
- Process human tissue and body fluid specimens in preparation for microscopic exam
- Perform technical duties related to the production of histopathological slides of surgical specimens
- Section the embedded tissue, using a microtome and mount the section properly on a microscope slide
- Process mounted sections through routine and special staining procedures
- Properly orient and embed surgical tissue specimens
- Prepare the stains and reagents needed for special procedures
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document equipment maintenance as needed
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, analysis and reporting
- Document problems that may affect test performance and perform corrective actions when needed
- Associate's Degree with at least 1 year of Histology experience
- Or a High School Diploma with 5+ years histology experience.
- ASCP Histology certification or eligible
- Familiarity with routine histology procedures and equipment
- Comfortability embedding both large and small specimens
- Ability to accurately read all labels and documents
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a high volume laboratory environment is desirable
- Familiarity with laboratory SOPs and safety protocols
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .