Business Analytics Engineer– Clinical Data Products
CVS Health, a healthcare innovation company, is committed to providing Individuals, Employers, Healthcare professionals, producers, and others with innovative benefits, products, and services. The industry is evolving and the opportunities to drive real change and improve the health of millions are endless. If you are passionate about making a difference in the work you do, being recognized for your talent and expertise in solving complex and challenging clinical data problems while contributing to the success of key strategic initiatives, consider growing your career with a Fortune 5 healthcare leader!
As a member of the Data and Analytics organization, you will be responsible for building and delivering best-in-class clinical data initiatives aimed at driving best-in-class solutions. You will collaborate with analytic partners and business partners from product strategy, program management, IT, data strategy, and predictive analytics teams to develop effective solutions for our partners.
• Perform Health care Data Analysis, Data profiling of Raw/source data to derive meaningful insights, and document data requirements to support the new data source onboarding process
• Determines approaches to Interoperability of Clinical/Healthcare data, including mapping of clinical content to data standards to support use case requirements.
• Analyze and Validate Data to ensure the appropriate data modeling, vocabulary, terminology, and code-set standard for representing and harmonizing Healthcare data
• Facilitate problem-solving sessions with business stakeholders bringing in all relevant stakeholders.
• Influence/guide stakeholders as clinical data expert and shaping up business requirements.
• Collaborates with technical resources to perform root cause analysis and complete remediation of data quality issues
• Understand and examine healthcare data received from different applications/vendors & build the data modeling/mapping for converting the raw Healthcare data into FHIR format
• Perform Business acceptance testing on FHIR data
• Interact with different business units to translate their data needs into requirements
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 1 to 3 years of experience with FHIR/HL7 platforms & technologies and knowledge of Healthcare Industry standards and requirements
• 1 to 3 years’ experience in Continuity of Care Documents (CCD), Consolidated Clinical Document Architectures (CCDA), HL7 V2 and HIE ITI transactions data handling
• 1 to 3 years of experience in Interoperability and FHIR R4 concepts.
• Strong understanding of Healthcare standards (HL7, FHIR, ICD, SNOMED, CPT, LOINC)
• Strong knowledge of FHIR APIs and FHIR resources
• Ability to develop source to target maps, mapping to convert HL7 v2 and FHIR
• Perform functional and business acceptance testing of FHIR outputs
• Strong SQL skills (preferably Big Query)
• Proficient in utilizing MS Excel for reporting and documentation needs
• Excellent communication and workflow documentation/diagrams skills are a must
• Rich experience with Interoperability of clinical data formats and standards (HL7)
• Strong understanding and knowledge of HL7 V2 messages, HL7 C-CDA, HL7 FHIR, and HIE ITI transactions
• Working experience with the following HL7 interfaces/messages: ADT, ORM, ORU, RDE, and MDM with a good understanding of the principles of asynchronous information exchange interface
• Working in a fluid environment, defining, and owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals.
• Should have a strong understanding of healthcare data, including clinical data in proprietary and industry standard formats.
• Understand the dirtiness of clinical data and seek out ways to improve conformance and quality.
• Knowledge of patient privacy, patient consent, deidentification, data encryption
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Statistics.
• Preferred: Master’s degrees in one of the fields above
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.