Beauty Sales Consultant
It is a great time to join the beauty retail division of CVS Health, as America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 9,000 stores and continuing to grow. We seek a talented, sales-oriented Beauty Sales Consultant who is passionate about the retail beauty industry and believes the client experience should be top-notch. Our customers will experience your passion for beauty and sales skills as you share the latest beauty trends and techniques through your extensive industry knowledge.
As a Beauty Sales Consultant, you are excited about beauty! As the primary beauty advisor to our customers, you will provide friendly, knowledgeable sales service to every client who enters the store's beauty zone and strive to build a personalized, robust basket for each customer.
Customer Sales Experience
• Seek out customers to ensure they have a fantastic beauty advisor experience through personalized sales service based on customer needs, effective upselling and suggestive selling, as well as subsequent follow-up contact to build lasting relationships. • Engage in conversation with each customer as they enter the beauty zone; listen to and be sensitive to the customer's information, be conscious of their needs and provide specialized sales advice. • Maneuver in a conversation to stimulate a different thought process. It would be best if you were confident and comfortable using your verbal skills to generate sales. • Be the brand expert by answering customer questions in detail with product knowledge to produce the largest sales basket possible.
• Using the facilities provided, explain how various products help the customer address their needs by educating them of the proper usage and benefits and leveraging the CVS beauty monthly sampling program to build relationships. • Participate in and represent company sales programs or events that positively impact business. You are comfortable discussing CVS Beauty Club programs and inviting customers to special in-store events or explaining current promotions to close the sale. • Create and maintain product displays, end caps, and other beauty-specific promotional materials supporting key brands, corporate initiatives, and local advertising efforts. • Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned area well-stocked, well-merchandised, and compliant with hygiene standards for a positive shopping experience. • Ensure that all CVS tester sanitation, hazardous waste disposal, and tool cleansing policies are executed in a timely and compliant manner.
Training & Personal Growth and Development
• • Complete initial 30/60/90-day onboarding training with ongoing training/educational programs to ensure sales, product knowledge, and selling skills are current. All work performed is per company policies and guidelines. • Execute the established sales plan by meeting the sales budget and tracking your progress to success. • Participate in sales training meetings and conference calls concerning programs and promotions, new items, brand launches, sales goals, and exceptional customer care. • Compete with yourself to beat prior sales goals and max out sales budget. • Maintain a professional appearance in compliance with company guidelines at all times. • Be plugged in, curious and excited about all of the latest beauty trends and techniques • Seek to further your product knowledge and client service skills. As a retail beauty advisor, you are a CVS beauty sales enthusiast!
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
• Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry through brand interaction, training, and more • Gratis. Everyone loves free samples! You will be overwhelmed with the number of excellent products you get to take home and try out. • Brand partners and other colleagues will present and discuss new and upcoming products and provide training on various initiatives. • You will be helping people on their path to better health. When people feel good about themselves, that translates to the rest of their lives, and you will make an impact!
• Physical abilities to support the essential functions of the role as listed above, such as stand and/or move throughout the store for the majority of work time to provide excellent customer service and beauty consulting. Able to stoop, kneel or crouch, and reach or grasp objects, including objects on lower shelves. • Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity (e.g., ear piercing)
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Sales oriented
• Ability to use sales data with product/brand knowledge to meet sales and beauty service goals
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
• Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities, and quickly learn new procedures.
• Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, extended hours, and "Peak" Hours
• Ability to perform the tasks listed throughout the job description
• Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to perform ear-piercing services in all stores (training and certification to be provided)
• In specific CVS stores, we require bilingual beauty advisors that can speak to customers in both English and Spanish.
• Must be at least 18 years old
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Prior Beauty Sales Experience
• Current knowledge of beauty products and brands
• Strong passion for beauty
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
High School diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.