Senior Cybersecurity Architect (Network)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Abbott Park, IL or MN, or OH location in our Corporate IT division. As the Senior Cybersecurity Architect, you’ll have the chance to enhance security team accomplishments and competencies by planning the delivery of solutions and answering technical and Cybersecurity related questions.
What You’ll Work On
- Plans, conducts research, and designs security architecture for IT systems.
- Develops, reviews, and approves installation requirements for LANs, WANs, VPNs, firewalls, routers, and related network devices.
- Determines security protocols by evaluating business strategies and requirements
- Serves as subject matter expert and provides consulting support to business stakeholders.
- Produces and maintains documentation to support Cybersecurity Architecture Long Range Plans
- Provides support and or responds to, investigates, security incidents and provides thorough post-event analyses.
- Develops project timelines for ongoing system upgrades with a focus continuous improvement of system security posture.
- Reviews system security measures and implements necessary enhancements.
- Drives regular tests and monitoring of network security.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and industry best practices.
- Develops security solutions including financial analysis of technical alternatives to meet business requirements.
- Perform technology evaluations including analysis and proof of concept testing.
Senior Security Architect Qualifications and Skills
- Strong working knowledge of IT risks, cyber security, and network/computer operating software
- Advanced understanding of security protocols, cryptography, and security
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience implementing security solutions
- Demonstrates mastery of the concepts and theory of network security, but possess adept knowledge of data networking, including expertise in switching, routing, directory services, and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of encryption protocols, as well as means for compromising systems based on known vulnerabilities.
- Provides direction and leads by example for junior members of technical community.
- Demonstrates a strong customer centric approach, empathy for global cultural differences, and excellent communications skills.
- Integrates technical expertise with communication, leadership and business skills in a team environment.
- A bachelor’s or associate degree in computer science, IT, or a related field
- 8+ years experience in IT risk management, information security and deployment of network focused Cybersecurity solutions.
- Security Solution development in manufacturing / OT environments is advantageous
- IT security or risk assessment certifications are preferred. (CISSP, CCNP, CCSE, CCIE)
- Cisco ASA
- Check Point and Palo Alto Firewalls / IPS Devices
- Bluecoat ProxySG
- Citrix Netscaler (WAF)
- F5 Load Balancer (WAF)
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Cisco ACI
- Zscaler (ZIA and ZPA)
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]