Senior Solutions Architect
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is looking for a Software Architect to work within Abbott’s global Digital Technology Services organization.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Software Architect, you will be responsible for translating complex problems into elegant solutions and shaping business technology strategies. This role will architect and implement cutting edge technology solutions, mentor engineers and will act as an evangelist in technology architectures and ways of working. With a focus on providing senior technical leadership, this role will be a key influencer of Abbott’s next-generation of Microservices, API, Data, and Cloud Computing technology platforms.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Lead technical projects with a range of product teams to architect, build, design, and scale next-generation technology platforms
- Be the technical expert, researching, evaluating, and implementing state-of-the-art technology (open source, third party, etc.)
- Influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools. Set goals, strategies, and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple technologies
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of software engineering, cloud technologies and data engineering, to define target architectures, patterns, and processes
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of engineering teams, working closely with architects and business leaders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-10 years of IT/Software Engineering experience
- Expert in design, development, and deployment of highly scalable APIs
- Experience in application architecture, microservice architecture/event driven architecture
- Advanced-level knowledge of 3 or more of the following technologies: mobile/web frameworks, hybrid cloud, security and privacy, IoT, event streaming, AI/machine learning, RDBMS, NoSQL, microservices, containerization, Kubernetes, APIs, SOA, and/or messaging
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications.
- Experience in Domain Driven Design, Event Storming or similar methods or practices
- Expertise with modern technology stacks, API strategies, microservices, public cloud and programming languages
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]