Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Zebulon
Posted Date: Mar 20 2023
About the Zebulon Site
GSK’s Zebulon site is a global supplier of Respiratory and Solid Dose medicines to patients around the globe and the largest GSK Pharmaceutical secondary manufacturing site in North America. The site is located less than 30 minutes from downtown Raleigh, Wendell, Knightdale, Rocky Mount, Wilson, and Wake Forest.
Key differentiators about GSK and Zebulon:
* Our commitment to inclusion and diversity – we see diversity as a critical advantage of ours
* Our focus on cultivating a positive work environment that cares for our employees
* Demonstrated opportunities for continued career growth driven by individual ambition
* Leaders that care about their teams and growth of both individuals and the company
* A priority focus on Safety and Quality
* Clean and GMP compliant work environment
* Onsite cafeteria
* Onsite gym
* Temperature-controlled climate
* Licensed, onsite Health & Wellness clinic
* CDC, local and federal compliant with COVID-19 mandates
As a Process Operator you will operates, challenges and cleans equipment, according to appropriate SOPs, JSAs, and batch documents to deliver high quality products manufactured in a safe way to fulfil the needs of the supply chain. You will monitor equipment for excessive rejects. You will perform all duties in accordance with regulatory and OSHA requirements. You will resolve minor downtime occurrences within performance expectations and identifies improvement opportunities to drive business results. You will have the ability to changeover and set up equipment to design specifications.
- Operates, challenges, replenishes consumable supplies, cleans equipment, and all the duties needed by the business in accordance with cGMPs, Batch Documentation, SOPs, ZSPs and JSAs as required and responsible for maintaining inspection readiness of area with minimal supervision.
- Actively participates and owns monitoring equipment for excessive rejects/ stoppages and utilizes performance data to escalate any problems occurring in the area that affects product quality, safety and other aspects of line performance.
- Trained in the GSK Production System standards (i.e., 5s, standard work, problem solving, gemba, process confirmations, and performance management) towards the goal of Zero Accidents, Zero Defects, and Zero Waste.
- Participates in performance management entry, steps 1-3 of problem solving, and performing/maintaining OSW and 5S.
- Delivers against safety, quality, waste & performance objectives defined by strategy deployment and identifies and recommends areas for process improvement or alternative operating methods to increase efficiency.
- Recognized as an expert on operations/process and possesses the ability to troubleshoot and resolve minor equipment production stoppages.
- Operator possesses considerable knowledge of the job and is reliable and able to produce high quality and high quantity work.
- Utilizes systems/applications required for job performance (i.e., DELTA, myLearning, FreeWeigh, DISY, Active Plant, IP21, SAP basic transactions for meeting production supply, etc.).
- Works in coordination with other associates, assistants, and/or technicians to carry out daily job responsibilities, including recognizing and assisting with troubleshooting technical issues and providing information to the next supervisory level.
- Demonstrates the ability to describe the technological theory of operation, product flow through equipment, and able to identify the function and purpose of all sensors, limit switches, and proximity sensors.
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct equipment set up changeovers and start of batch activities to the designed specifications without start up issues. Ability to certify on multiple technologies and flow to the work as needed by the business.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years Pharma/Manufacturing experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ability to work accurately with figures and information.
- Ability to use and analyze data effectively.
- Must be mechanically inclined with the ability to learn the operation, read gauges and instrumentation, and any equipment related to the production of medical devices and/or pharmaceutical products.
- Knowledge of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Competent to perform data entry, utilize computers and HMIs
- Knowledgeable of all applications to the area (i.e., DELTA, myLearning, FreeWeigh, DISY, Active Plant, IP21, SAP basic transactions for meeting production supply etc).
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-[Register to View] (US Toll Free) or +1 [Register to View] (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.