Data and Analytics Lead
Site Name: Italy - Parma
Posted Date: Feb 24 2023
Data and Analytics Lead
The purpose of this role is to govern & create value from our data. This leader will be the strategic authority on local data standards and logics that need to be maintained by automation and digital projects. For all analytics, AI, ML projects in Parma portfolio, this leader will set priorities, define scope, cost and resources, manage to completion, and establish a support model and asset lifecycle plan.
In this role, you will...
- Manage data availability roadmap, collaborating with other members of smart factory team to set priorities within the digital strategy and suitable budget for infrastructure and resources.
- Partner with automation team and MES/LES lead to design and formalise data standards and ways of working when integrating new equipment and execution systems.
- Engage with CMC to determine and build the site data capabilities required to maintain status as a leading NPI site, support accelerated technical transfer and enable network level product control strategies.
- For all analytics, AI, ML projects, understand the scope, costs, set priorities, resource the project, manage to completion, set the support model and asset lifecycle plan.
- Be the point of reference in Parma for when and how we service the requirements that central functions have for our data.
- Ensure assets (apps/models) developed are done so with clear sponsorship from a business process owner, and ensure the asset is then embedded within the operational process it was designed for.
- Effectively lead, manage, coach and develop local data specialists; maintaining a strategic workforce plan, succession plans and recruiting suitable candidates/expanding outsourced partnerships if needed for additional capacity and/or new capabilities.
- Be a role model for effective accountability, decision making, inclusion and escalation.
- Encourage high performance with integrity; enhance awareness of safety and compliance with GSK policies and procedures; and maintain an atmosphere of respect and trust, in which concerns can be fully raised.
Basic Qualifications & Skills:
- University Degree in Mathematic or Scientific subjects such as Computer Science, Chemistry, Biology or Engineering.
- Experience in Manufacturing or Quality Operations Functions with significant experience in managing multidisciplinary projects and connecting across international businesses.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-[Register to View] (US Toll Free) or +1 [Register to View] (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.