Calibration Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Mar 8 2023
GSK is currently looking for a Calibration Supervisor for 2nd shift. In this role, you’ll support calibration and repair for instrumentation used in the manufacturing and testing of product at SSM (small scale manufacturing) facility, LSM (large scale manufacturing facility) BPT and QC labs. Provide first line of defense for Process Controls and instrumentation issues for manufacturing and utilities equipment.
- Provides the lead role for daily support activities such as calibration schedules, documentation, adherence to procedures, procurement, and database maintenance.
- Provides calibration support for WFI, WPU, Clean Steam, as well as other required support systems.
- Implements and monitors department training activities for both compliance and technician cross training.
- Lead technical capability improvements for department personnel.
- Act as Instrumentation SMEs for Rockville site.
- Coordinates peers to assure consistent implementation of policies and procedures.
- Operates the calibration and maintenance programs to ensure production operational requirements are met.
- Provides technical support for manufacturing, laboratory, validation, and support personnel.
- Schedules and coordinates calibration and maintenance activities with user group support personnel.
- Schedules and coordinates outside services where required.
- Writes, reviews, recommends, and implements departmental SOPs.
- Maintains the calibration and maintenance database and filing system.
- Supports new construction activities as required.
- Supports engineering projects as required, to include review and approval of instrument data sheets.
- Provides supervision and performance reviews of department personnel.
- Supervises contractual service suppliers.
- Manages and adheres to the departmental budget.
- Controls and manages department capital assets.
- Reviews calibration and preventive maintenance documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Defines staffing requirements and fills those requirements to support project timetables and workload
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of GMP experience
- Supervisory/Lead experience
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Prefer some college or trade school certification
- Experience using and maintaining CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Basic understanding of Metrology principles
- Some PLC or DCS programming knowledge
- Ability to read electrical single lines schematics and P&IDs
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose –to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together –so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns –as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years. Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves –feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-[Register to View] (US Toll Free) or +1 [Register to View] (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.