Director, Omnichannel BU Analytics Lead
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - North Carolina - Durham
Posted Date: Mar 3 2023
Director – Omnichannel BU Analytics Lead
Are you a strategic and inventive analytics professional interested in driving performance through the effective use of digital and media channels within the business? At GSK, we are focused on being ambitious for patients, accountable for impact, and ensuring that we do the right thing to help patients in need. We are accelerating our digital journey to maximize all channels for impact and to create more personalized experiences to drive change. This role is critical to this journey and is a key leadership role within new Omnichannel pods that are being established. You have a great opportunity to lead and drive change that will have meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Director of Omnichannel Analytics will work on the Vaccines Insights & Analytics team to lead the development and execution of commercial analytics to optimize digital and omnichannel campaigns/tactics, including customer segmentation strategy, appropriate KPIs, etc. This role will influence and drive digital strategy and MCM tactics required for digital marketing, digital optimization, and digital customer experience. As part of the Omnichannel Pod team that brings together Marketing, Sales, and Technology leads, this role will lead and influence decisions for customer segmentation strategy, critical learning agendas aligned with top priorities, appropriate KPIs and measurement plans to understand effectiveness, and pull through of experimentation practices for continuous learning to understand impactful customer experiences.
You will need a strategic, inquisitive mindset and keen business acumen matched with strong leadership and communication skills on top of your strong analytics experience and expertise to be successful in this role. You will be expected to collaborate, communicate, and influence stakeholders in a variety of functions, including business unit leadership (Sales and Marketing), other Commercial Insights (CI) teams (including Forecasting, Advanced Analytics, and Data Strategy), and partners in US Digital and Tech.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create and lead implementation of a digital analytics plan and own the experimentation learning agenda aligned to key business questions and priorities. Determine impact and effectiveness through omnichannel messaging and tactics with the intended audience.
- This will include deliverables such as customer targeting for digital/omnichannel tactics, campaign effectiveness measures including appropriate KPIs, investment guidance through impact measurement and ROI, and optimal future investment recommendations. It would also include analytics or methodologies aligned to pilots, experiments, or hypotheses, including customer segment level deep-dive analytics (behavioral analysis, predictive analytics).
- Work across the CI BU Team, including Business Analytics, Brand Performance, and Market Research, to align analytics measurement plan to brand KPIs
- Actively participate in the newly formed Omnichannel Pod team to influence, shape, and deliver the omnichannel customer strategy including the measurement plan for faster, better, and impactful decision making. Synthesize data / insights (from market research and voice of customer) and effectiveness measures against our intended audience for omnichannel messaging, share key findings and recommendations, and influence decisions for better customer experience and customer behavior change.
- Effectively collaborate and partner across the CI Business Analytics function, with other BU Omnichannel Analytics Leads, and with the Advanced Analytics CoE, for execution and pull through of next gen analytics for industry leading omnichannel measurement. Ensure best practice standards for experimentation are pulled through and applied. Drive effective, timely, data and insight-driven decision making with key stakeholders within the BU to transform the customer experience through omnichannel tactics and deliver improved business performance.
- Continuously and proactively communicate with key commercial partners in sales and marketing, including BU leadership teams.
- Lead, at times hands-on, the development of algorithms, code, hypotheses, models, and solution frameworks for new & unstructured business problems, driving effective application and value of advanced analytics. Effectively partner with the Advanced Analytics CoE to ensure that capabilities and best practices for usage within the BU are fit for purpose and address critical BU priorities. Seek to automate and industrialize solutions for providing predictive insights and prescriptive actions to various commercial teams (Marketing, Sales, other).
- Coach and mentor team members. Lead and oversee contractors/vendor resources and external partners in the scoping, experimental design, execution, and interpretation of key analysis initiatives. Manage offshore analytics workbenches.
- Continuously identify opportunities to:
- Bring outside-in thinking: What are other industries and pharma companies doing as a way of best practice understanding and development
- Increase efficiencies through process and analytics automation, as well as partnering with US Digital and Tech teams ensuring trusted data availability
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences and Operations Research, Statistics, Finance/ Economics or related
- Professional experience in marketing analytics, full-time employment in mid-large organizations, or in leading global management consulting firm, with focus on Marketing and Customer Analytics, ideally in U.S. commercial pharma
- Expertise with digital channels and measurement
- Experience with customer journey, customer experience, and/or voice of customer analytics
- Experience with marketing fundamentals & frameworks that can be applied to solve analytical problems
- Experience with R or Python and SQL
- Experience with accessing databases for appropriate data, manipulating, and integrating data from disparate sources, and effectively evaluating data for appropriate analytics method application
- Experience with statistical modeling and experimental design with A/B testing measurement
- Experience implementing and using analytics, testing, and personalization platforms (e.g., Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Target, Optimizely, etc.)
- M.S. in Computer Sciences and Operations Research, Statistics, Finance/ Economics, Analytics or related) or MBA with quant emphasis
- Experience in multiple commercial analytics functions with biopharma such as DTC analytics, media analytics, digital campaign analytics, customer segmentation and targeting, ROI measurement, A/B testing, resource allocation and optimization
- Communication and presentation skills as evidenced through impactful presentations
- Mastery of R and Python and working in DataBricks
- Experience working within the Microsoft Azure cloud environment
- Experience with visualization tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience leading and driving change in a highly matrixed organization
- Comfort with ambiguity to propose solutions; Agility and flexibility to thrive in times of change
- Experience leading without authority and effectively influencing senior stakeholders
- Methodological hands-on mastery of relevant analytical approaches and models, including segmentations, clustering methods, promotional response, marketing mix, customer propensity, experimentation standards and methods, web and digital analytics, optimization analytics, and customer journey analytics
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-[Register to View] (US Toll Free) or +1 [Register to View] (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.