This position offers a $15,000 sign on bonus. (External candidates only!)
We are seeking Histology Professionals to join the LabCorp team where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality medical laboratory services. Come work in our Pathology laboratory located in Worcester, MA, alongside a highly trained staff with the latest technology. Our services are performed with the utmost care, expertise, integrity and respect for the patient.
The schedule for this position will be Monday- Friday, 4:30am- 1:00pm.
- Process human tissue and body fluid specimens in preparation for microscopic exam
- Perform technical duties related to the production of histopathological slides of surgical specimens
- Section the embedded tissue, using a microtome and mount the section properly on a microscope slide
- Perform various immunohistochemical tests on formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections
- Process mounted sections through routine and special staining procedures
- Properly orient and embed surgical tissue specimens
- Prepare the stains and reagents needed for special procedures
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Operate and maintain manual and automated instruments
- Perform and document equipment maintenance as needed
- Record equipment log data in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, analysis and reporting
- Document problems that may affect test performance and perform corrective actions as needed
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in a Life Science and meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements
- Histology and/or ASCP certifications are preferred
- Previous experience in histology is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with routine histology procedures and equipment
- Immunohistochemistry experience is a plus
- Comfortability embedding both large and small specimens
- Ability to accurately read all labels and documents
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a high volume laboratory environment is desirable
- Familiarity with laboratory SOPs and safety protocols
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .