Director, Global Commercial Excellence
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
· Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
· Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
· An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
· Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] target="_blank">Freedom 2 Save student debt program and [Register to View] target="_blank">FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
· A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
· A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The salary for this role is between $156,400 and $312,800.
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, California has an opportunity for a Director, Global Commercial Excellence. This person will manage teams within the function to ensure all commercial activities of the organization maximize opportunities for profit generation. To support ADC’s OEM growth ambition in an increasingly more complex, competitive and dynamic business environment our leadership position needs to be continuously sustained with a differentiated, consistent and flawless execution of commercial strategies and initiatives.
The job purpose and scope of the Director, Global Commercial Excellence is to lead through direct and/or coordinated effort the project management and implementation of key commercial initiatives and drive excellence in the execution of commercial tactics including sales management best practices and field force adoption of specific sales effectiveness standards intended for implementation of Abbott Diabetes Care highest priority strategies. This role will reside in Abbott Diabetes care headquarters in Alameda, California and will be expected to work closely with the Global Commercial leaders for EMEA, US, APAC, CALA, and Global Marketing leadership. This role is considered critical to ensuring business strategy is executed effectively in the Commercial space and business model and marketing assumptions are evaluated and adjusted based on commercial execution, sales performance and internal/external listening.
What You’ll Work On
• Develop, project manage and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
• Determine and monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management. This includes and is not limited to critical KPIs for Sales growth, effectiveness of resource allocation and Sales force execution.
• Drive globally Sales Force execution identifying and driving excellence standards and sharing of best practices.
• Provide recommendations to maximize ROI on commercial execution and ADC’s competitiveness by continuously evaluating, assessing and optimizing go to market strategies and business models.
• Understand the requirements of customers and act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing).
• Collaborate with diverse teams e.g. marketing, sales, customer experience/service etc.
• Establish and build profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
• Streamline business analytics and assess harmonization opportunities across geographies including platforms, systems and reporting tools (PowerBI, Salesforce.com)
• Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
• BA/BS Degree required
• 10 plus years of successful sales and/or sales management experience or 10 plus years of progressively responsible commercial and/or consulting/project management experience with the following specific experience:
- Line responsibility and/or project experience in the Commercial area (country/brand/functional strategies, execution/implementation of efficiency programs, change management, business process re-engineering).
• Experience in Medical Device or Diabetes industry is preferred
• MBA a plus with preferred focus on Strategy, Marketing and Finance
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] The salary for this role is between $156,400 – $312,800