Animal Care Technician
Labcorp Drug Development We look to the future and work tirelessly to test new drugs, treatments and therapies.
Animal Care Technician
Daytime hours, starting pay rate $16.00-$18 per hour. Requires working every 3rd weekend both Saturday and Sunday
Put your passion for Animals and Science to work in a position where you are working towards improving the lives of people around the globe.
As an Animal Care Technician in our Denver, Pennsylvania you'll play a key role in our Animal Operations team. In this position you'll be working with a variety of small and large animals in a research environment performing husbandry duties not limited to;
- Assist with the feeding of all species with in the animal facilities.
- Assist with the changing of all soiled animal cage units.
- Sanitation of all equipment used in the process of cleaning.
- Assist with the operation of cage washer and tunnel washer
- Dumping of all animal pans to remove waste and bedding
- Feed all animals; daily, weekends & Holidays.
- GRP/ and Good Documentation training required
- Must document sanitation practices.
- Bedding of animal pens and stalls
- Observation of animals, reporting health issues
- Assist with the receiving of animals into the facilities
- May perform blood draws including exsanguinations on specific species according to protocol and client request
- Daily observation of animal health status with documentation
- Assist with record keeping
- Assist with animal and supply inventories
- Assist with laundry detail for work area
- Stock supplies for building
- Cleaning of buildings, cages, walls, floors, and daily clean-up of designated work areas
***When you apply please upload your resume and include any experience you have working with animals**
Read more about your commitment to animal welfare https://drugdevelopment.labcorp.com/about-labcorp-drug-development/animal-welfare.html
What do we offer?
- Extensive Training!
- Great Benefits including 24 days of PTO in the first 12 months of employment, Health insurance and benefits begin at the 1st of the month! 401K with 5% match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more!
What do we look for?
- Stable work history
- Preferred but not required experience in working with animals that could including animal farming, animal kennels, caring for horses, caring for pets in Vet's office or Pet Store, prior experience showing animals in 4-H or FFA.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .