Director of Science and Innovation
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Laborp’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director level position at our Denver PA facility. This role will have responsibility for oversight of the scientific development and study management for our Antibody Reagents and Vaccines portfolio. You will also be responsible for establishing a discovery safety portfolio at the site in partnership with the operations director and business development. The overall objective of the role is to drive the development and execution of a strategic plan for the Denver site that delivers scientific objectives to enable targeted growth rates.
In this role you will:
- Provide overall scientific direction for the Denver PA site, including identification of areas of expansion to enable site growth.
- Establish discovery safety portfolio at the Denver facility working closely with the operations team to identify required skill sets and capabilities.
- Provide scientific guidance for implementation of new assays and assist with marketing of new capabilities.
- Act as an expert advisor for scientific and technical support through activities such as client visits, calls, tours, and technical support with other site leaders.
- Manage study direction, scientific development and program management staff.
- Ensure timely and high quality proposal development/study design, quoting, scheduling and reporting.
- Manage resources efficiently to support the business with oversight of workload, quality and scientific standards.
- Monitor and ensure key competencies are maintained by staff, and identify future competency requirements to support new work
- Actively support the career development of members of the Denver team.
- Manage relationships with clients, and partner with Labcorp Business Development for client outreach and expansion.
- Partner with our Marketing team to drive to sales into Denver.
- Effectively communicate with commercial and operational teams to manage enquires and provide appropriate scientific or technical information in a timely manner
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators for proposal development and reporting
- Oversee annual orders and financial metrics (sales, revenue and pricing).
- Monitor study pricing and accuracy of accounting for work done.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Education/Qualifications – PhD or suitable experience (MS minimum with appropriate experience) in Toxicology, Pharmacology, Virology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biomedical Sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience in pharma or biotech, with priority given to candidates with discovery toxicology experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a scientific managerial role.
- Prior experience with Contract Research Organizations is preferred
Get ready to make a difference as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and improve lives of countless individuals.
Join us and discover why Labcorp Drug Development has been named by:
- Fortune® Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies 2022 for the fourth consecutive year
- Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers 2022
Patients can’t wait. Neither can we.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .