District Service Manager (South Central)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] target="_blank">Freedom 2 Save student debt program and [Register to View] target="_blank">FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The territory covers the South-Central Region (Tennessee, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and the Florida panhandle).
- Qualified candidates must be located in the South-Central region and live near a metropolitan city airport.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position
What You’ll Work On
- Recruit, hire and retain top talent: Proactively and routinely identifies a pool of high potential candidates to fill open and future service positions.
- Defines considers current needs/dynamics of the team and business to define hiring profiles and partners with Human Resources to define recruitment strategies.
Coach and Motivate Employees:
- Work with employee to discuss and expand ways to overcome service business challenges and improve performance (e.g., coaches to the Achieving Service Excellence model, shares best practices).
- Effectively recognize and reward individual and team achievements to reinforce and drive overall performance.
- Utilize incentive plans to motivate and direct the service team by linking service actions to incentives and by allocating service goals that are fair, challenging, and achievable.
Service Team Training & Development:
- Identify ongoing training needs of the individual/team to address service support improvement opportunities to drive customer loyalty, reduce costs and maximize and profitability.
- Sponsor and support an appropriate training plan to ensure new hires quickly and effectively learn the job.
- Facilitates training for experienced representatives to ensure continuous improvement and high-level performance.
- Monitor and reinforce service representative formal training to ensure application on the job.
- Manage Employee Performance: Ensure performance impact goal grades and management documentation are consistent with employee performance.
- Identify performance gaps that require coaching, training, or performance counseling and establish specific action plan to appropriately address.
- Project, Product, Industry, Market: Ensure adherence to quality and compliance policies and practices. Maintain a strong knowledge of service project implementation, service pricing, Division products, diagnostics industry, and marketplace.
- Identify industry trends and changing market practices and assist team in supporting customers to retain and advance business opportunities.
- Coordinate and consolidate a comprehensive analysis of the business and marketplace in the assigned geography (e.g., installed base, new placements, support strategy, risks, opportunity to improve service to retain and develop new business) to support the business plan process and establish short- and long-term goals.
- Routinely analyzes the business to identify emerging trends, risks, and opportunities (implement Proactive/Predictive model).
- Minimum 7 years or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Travel up to 50% depending on where the incumbent lives.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal