Operational Excellence Manager - Indianapolis
CVS is seeking an operational excellence leader for our Indianapolis, IN location.
This role is responsible for being a key member of the team to lead and drive projects and culture to improve safety, quality, delivery, and productivity of the operations. The role will and be responsible for the continuous improvement and support improvement of the key KPIs at the facility. Some specific responsibilities will be maintaining labor management systems (LMS), lean implementation, and process design/improvement. Work to be the glue between operations, network optimization, and automation to drive a clear vision together to improve the value stream. Role will be expected to travel 20% to other DCs.
Responsibilities % Time
1. Lean Manufacturing System Implementation/sustainment (Kaizen, Training, VSM Roadmap) 20%
2. Engineered Standards and Labor Management System Maintenance & Improvements 20%
3. Project Management and Execution to improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost 20%
4. Data Analysis including DC Labor, productivity reporting and support for planning, staffing, budgeting 20%
5. Process design, optimization, justification/analysis, documentation, and change management 20%
- Safety – Responsible for identifying and improving safety at the site through use of technology, layout, improved ergonomics, and process.
- Quality - Responsible for helping to deliver world class quality by supporting sites with problem solving techniques to get to root cause and problems are made visible to solve.
- Delivery – This role will be responsible for delivering capacity improvements to the operations by identifying and executing kaizens to remove bottlenecks, increase storage density, and ultimately meet customer demand
- Lean – This role will be looked at to be the site expert in lean manufacturing and will support the team in mentoring and approaches to meet business objectives. Supporting and leading kaizens, improving effectiveness of tier meetings, establishing/improving standard work, value stream mapping, creating a shared vision, implementing poke-yoke, and drive improvements to the material movement and storage at the site are some examples of work scope.
- Data Engineering - Contribute or lead changes and projects related to data engineering adding data collection where not present. Translate data to information to aid in decision making and problem solving including but not limited to improved traceability, performance dashboards, performance reports, or andon/escalation systems at the site. Will strongly use data to support and drive process and performance management decision with the operations team. Responsible for maintaining standards to drive informed decision making.
- Project Management – The individual will be responsible for planning and executing multiple projects at the same time and utilize good project management skills by managing risk, understanding critical path and dependencies to meet project goals on time.
- Change Management – This individual and team will lead change at the sites and must work collaboratively with stakeholders, manage phase in / phase out of changes, have robust follow through on changes to ensure success. Be able to see opportunities for improvement, put together a financial business case and project plan to initiate the change.
- Automation – Contribute to the requirements specification development of automation improvements to the facility with implementation of key manufacturing process technologies including but not limited to robotics, vision systems, AGVs, and other poke-yoke controls.
- Should be able to work with a multidisciplinary approach in problem solving and collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills and working with data/reports.
- Experience managing projects and very experienced in change management
- Able to work independently and structurally, as a team player and under pressure.
- Demonstrated success and experience in Lean Manufacturing Concepts
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, self-motivated, customer oriented, multi-tasking, having stress management capability
- Successful at managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering/science field
- 2-5+ years of experience in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering/science field
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing or distribution center environment
- WMS, ERP, MES, or LMS systems and database structure experience
- Standards based time and motion study systems such as MOST and MTM
- Create project budgets and financial justifications related to capital expenditure equipment/projects
- Comfortable creating and presenting concepts within team of direct peers as well as senior level management
- Experience working with a larger corporation and counterparts in other remote locations
- Manhattan or INFOR WMS system experience
- PowerBI or Tableau dashboard creation experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification or similar
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, related engineering/science field or Equivalent years of expereince
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.