Phlebotomist/Patient Service Technician
At Labcorp we have a passion in helping people live happy and healthy lives. Every day we provide vital information that helps our clients and patients understand their health. If you are passionate about helping people and have a drive for service, then Labcorp could be a great next career step! We are currently seeking a Phlebotomist to work in either a Patient Service Center or client office. In this role you will provide exceptional customer service, perform skilled specimen collections and be the face of the company. In addition, you will be provided opportunities for continuous growth within the organization.
What to Expect
- Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups
- Collect specimens for drug screens, paternity tests, alcohol tests etc.
- Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Process billing information and collect payments when required
- Prepare all collected specimens for testing and analysis
- Maintain patient and specimen information logs
- Provide superior customer service to all patients
- Administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Travel to additional sites when needed
Sunday (9:00 am – 1:00 pm), Monday & Tuesday (8:00 am – 4:30pm), Wednesday (8:00 am – 12:00pm) and Thursday & Friday (8:00 am – 4:30 pm)
The pay range for this position is $17.00 to $26.03. All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience, applicable degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Company bonus where applicable.
Education / Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency is preferred
- Previous experience as a phlebotomist Proven track record in providing exceptional customer service
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Able to pass a standardized color blindness test
- This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .