AI/ML Engineers - Biomedical AI (m/f/d)
Site Name: Heidelberg - Office, Berlin Linkstrasse, Hamburg, Munich - Office, Switzerland - Zug
Posted Date: Mar 6 2023
At GSK we see a world in which advanced applications of Machine Learning and AI will allow us to develop transformational medicines using the power of genetics, functional genomics and machine learning. AI will also play a role in how we diagnose and use medicines to enable everyone to do more feel better and live longer. It is an ambitious vision that will require the development of products at the cutting edge of Machine Learning and AI.
To help us make this future a reality, we are looking for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineers that have a track record in developing and validating state-of-the-art machine learning models for solving challenging real-world scientific problems. AI/ML Engineers at GSK are outstanding scientists and engineers with in-depth knowledge in modern machine learning and a keen interest in making a positive impact in healthcare.
To strengthen our team in Europe, we are looking for skilled AI/ML Engineers that will drive the development of state-of-the-art biomedical AI algorithms. This role will be focused on researching, designing, implementing, and delivering cutting-edge prediction models across a range of challenging biomedical tasks using state-of-the-art high performance computing facilities and the vast and detailed biomedical data sources available at GSK.
The AI/ML team is built on the principles of ownership, accountability, continuous development, and collaboration. We hire for the long term, and we are motivated to make this a great place to work. Our leaders will be committed to your career and development from day one. We strongly encourage applications from people with diverse and underrepresented backgrounds and perspectives.
- Design and implement AI/ML-driven solutions along the entire model development life cycle.
- Research and develop state-of-the-art machine learning models, including deep learning models, to optimize model performance on a range of biomedical prediction tasks.
- Deliver robust, tested and performant code in an agile environment.
- Liaise with experts in biology, medicine and experimentation to ensure optimal collection of data to train biomedical machine learning models.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor´s, Masters or Doctorate degree in a quantitative or engineering discipline (computer science, computational biology, bioinformatics, engineering, among others); OR equivalent work experience delivering state-of-the-art AI/ML solutions.
- Experience in at least one major deep learning framework (PyTorch, TensorFlow).
- Experience with machine learning literature and state-of-the-art modelling approaches.
- Previous experience in developing and delivering robust software solutions, including demonstrated advanced programming expertise in Python.
- Experience in software engineering and machine learning best practices, including version control, continuous integration (CI) and continuous development (CD), containerization, and shell scripting.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Background or interest in biology or medicine is a plus but not required.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of German is not required for this position.
- Experience in design, development and deployment of commercial AI/ML software.
- Contributions to relevant open-source projects.
- Relevant scientific publications in AI/ML (NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, AAAI, among others), computational biology or bioinformatics venues.
- Knowledge or interest in disease biology, molecular biology and medicine.
- Experience working with biomedical data (e.g., genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, electronic health records, clinical images)
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-[Register to View] (US Toll Free) or +1 [Register to View] (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.