Senior Machine Learning Engineer – Cell State Modeling – US
Site Name: USA - California - San Francisco, USA - Massachusetts - Cambridge
Posted Date: Mar 6 2023
At GSK we see a world in which advanced applications of Machine Learning and AI will allow us to develop novel therapies to existing diseases and to quickly respond to emerging or changing diseases with personalized drugs, driving better outcomes at reduced cost with fewer side effects. It is an ambitious vision that will require the development of products and solutions at the cutting edge of Machine Learning and AI.
We're looking for an accomplished Senior Machine Learning Engineer to model functional cell types and cell states using multimodal biological datasets. Competitive candidates will have a track record of shipping high performing machine learning powered products in production environments. They are highly accomplished Machine Learning Engineers, with breadth across machine learning methods and depth in at least one area. Additionally, they are accomplished software engineers with a track record of shipping stable, tested, performant code and services in an agile environment. A senior engineer can consistently take a poorly defined problem and formulate clear objectives, then execute on it to build a high performing product or service. They are the model for the team in terms of code quality, standards, and best practices, and they act as mentors to junior members of the team.
Strong candidates will have graduate studies in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or the equivalent (or in the life sciences with a focus on machine learning techniques) and 2+ years of industry experience building machine learning powered tools. Previous research experience in the application of deep learning techniques in drug discovery is strongly preferred, but not necessary.
The AI/ML team is built on the principles of ownership, accountability, continuous development, and collaboration. We hire for the long term, and we're motivated to make this a great place to work. Our leaders will be committed to your career and development from day one.Why you?
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- 2+ years of industry experience in machine learning engineering
- Graduate studies in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Life Sciences with a focus on AI/ML techniques, or undergraduate studies in Computer Science and equivalent work history.
- Experienced in software engineering with advanced skills in python and/or C++
- Experience in PyTorch, TensorFlow, or other deep learning frameworks
- Breadth across the ML stack, and depth in at least one discipline
- Experience with shipping products powered by machine learning.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD in Computer Science or equivalent Life Sciences with Machine Learning focus
- Academic or industry experience in the biomedical sciences especially genetics, molecular biology, or AI driven drug discovery
- Understanding and application of best practices in machine learning, software engineering, and/or production deployment of ML services
- Understanding of modern ML Architectures, Platforms, and backend systems
- Mentality of commit early and often, metrics before models, and shipping high quality production code
- Track record of contributing to open source projects
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
Find out more:
[Register to View] site.