External Expert Engagement Manager
Site Name: Field Worker - GBR
Posted Date: Mar 2 2023
HIV External Expert Engagement Manager
Field based – National role, remote working with requirement to travel across the UK and to GSK House as required
This is a key opportunity within ViiV Healthcare UK’s Business Unit, with accountability for the consistent stakeholder management and engagement of the top tier and future HIV External Experts (EEs). The role will contribute to the development of commercial endorsement and advocacy for our medicines via national programmes.
As an External Expert Engagement Manager, you will deliver high quality, high impact national HCP engagement plans and support delivery of a multiskilled team HCP engagement plan in collaboration with the UK Sales & Capability Director, Country Medical Director, Market Access Director and Marketing team. The role will ensure there is clarity on roles and responsibilities at an individual EE level.
Your responsibility will be to differentiate ViiV UK and lead the appropriate uptake of ViiV products through collaborative, innovative working with HCPs to build mutually beneficial plans. You will contribute at congress and symposia to build networks, support engagement coverage and facilitate coordinated 1:1s across ViiV UK and External Experts. You will also work with the EU team to coordinate the approach to UK EEs and utilisation of EU EEs to support UK plan.
HIV is an extremely dynamic, fast paced therapy area offering real variety of experience, challenge and knowledge, and is also highly competitive. Our HIV products have a transformational impact on our patients, so this is a fantastic role for anyone passionate about transforming the lives of people living with HIV.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and delivery of high quality and high impact national HCP engagement plan
- Ownership of an agreed number of individual External Expert and future External Expert plans, with a focus on existing and new national activities
- Work with the UK Sales & Capability Director, Country Medical Director, Market Access Director and Marketing team to support development of the national and individual engagement plans.
- Drive a positive shift in advocacy status of External Experts with a clear measurement framework in place. Increase the number of advocates (who have direct use) of our priority brands, in line with strategy and KPIs.
- Differentiate ViiV and build strong working relationships built on trust
- Work closely with the Congress and Conference Lead to support thoughtful and impactful engagement during national events, leading on the management of ViiV’s coverage of 1:1s between ViiV and EEs
- National and individual plans to comply with all governance rules and be regularly maintained to track progress against plans to inform the UK and EU business
- Work with the EU team to coordinate approach to UK EEs and utilisation of EU EEs to support UK plan
- Work across the LOC to ensure clarity on roles and responsibilities at an individual EE level aligned to the plan
We are looking for professionals with these required skills and characteristics to achieve our goals:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Ability to quickly understand scientifically complex topics
- Experience working in pharmaceutical commercial roles
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Proven ability to design and implement high impact HCP engagement plans or similar types of events utilising an omni channel approach
- Proven ability to develop meaningful relationship with national and/or internationally recognized External Experts, as well as future Experts, being able to speak credibly and ideally at a peer-like level
- Previous experience in a specialized therapy area, with preference for prior HIV therapy area experience
- Adaptability and agility in your working style and planning
- Demonstrated experience working in an extremely competitive market
- Comfortable in a fast-moving and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent communication cross functional working to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Sets and is accountable for delivery of KPIs (results orientated) with analytical ability to use data and / or insights to inform decisions.
Why ViiV Healthcare?
ViiV Healthcare is a global specialist HIV company combining the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer, and Shionogi. We have a broad portfolio of antiretroviral medicines, an industry-leading pipeline, and several first-of-their-kind programmes to improve access to medicines and support novel on-the-ground community initiatives.
ViiV Healthcare’s global HQ is based in the offices of GSK, its largest shareholder, in Brentford, London. It has established a direct presence in 13 countries and works closely with GSK to distribute HIV medicines elsewhere in the world. We are uniquely positioned to be at the forefront of advancing HIV treatment and care because we are the only pharmaceutical company that is 100% focused on HIV.
Through our focus on patient-centered innovation we have developed a strong portfolio of medicines that are advancing treatment and care for people living with HIV around the world. Our broad product portfolio includes a range of therapeutic options throughout the treatment spectrum. The primary focus is on the growth portfolio namely dolutegravir and cabotegravir based regimens as well as a small number of newly acquired assets.
At ViiV Healthcare, we will not rest until we leave no person living with HIV behind. Until the 38 million people living with HIV is down to zero, we will continue searching for new ways to limit the impact of HIV.
We are the only pharmaceutical company solely focused on combating, preventing, and ultimately eradicating HIV and AIDS. At ViiV Healthcare, we do things differently. Born out of a partnership between [Register to View] and [Register to View] in 2009, with [Register to View] joining in 2012, we are determined to help end the HIV epidemic. We are guided by our mission to leave no person living with HIV behind and it is this mission that unites our employees located across the globe. We combine expertise in research, manufacturing, policy and more to push the boundaries of what people think is possible in HIV treatment and care. As a result of our connection with GSK, we are able to draw on their proud history and resources. This means that you would receive all the employee benefits offered by GSK.
Living our mission of leaving no person living with HIV behind means keeping inclusion and diversity at the heart of everything we do - from our breakthrough innovation, to our diverse portfolio of medicines as well as the work we do to partner with HIV communities. Having a diverse team and a truly inclusive culture where we’re all able to be ourselves and feel like we belong will make us an even stronger team, better able to perform as a business and deliver on our mission to leave no person living with HIV behind.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Should you require any adjustments to our process to assist you in demonstrating your strengths and capabilities contact us on [Register to View] or 0[Register to View] . Please note should your enquiry not relate to adjustments, we will not be able to support you through these channels
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV Healthcare does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV Healthcare's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV Healthcare. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV Healthcare. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV Healthcare. ViiV Healthcare shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.