Senior Packaging Operator
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Marietta
Posted Date: Mar 1 2023
The Senior Packaging Operator will help run the business through coordination of packaging line activities in secondary manufacturing operations. This role is responsible for adhering to safety and environmental standards, ensuring the line team adheres to GMPs, approved SOPs and quality procedures while operating within the profit plan.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Direct, coordinate, and facilitate daily assignments, day to day line activities of associates; provide technical expertise and training to others performing packaging and material handling operations to ensure manufacturing objectives are met, ensure assignments are completed on time, and in a compliant matter.
- Assign resources to ensure appropriate coverage of line specific tasks and lead tier activities when required.
- Provide guidance and hands on packaging direction to Pack employees, monitor training and skills development to ensure employees are competent and qualified to perform duties. Evaluate trainee proficiency.
- Provide input and feedback to supervisor on employee performance and skills.
- Operate processing equipment in accordance with current SOP’s, if required due to shortage of personnel or to run through breaks and lunches.
- Participate in troubleshooting processes and equipment problems with EMT and complete the necessary paperwork associated with investigations, deviations, and batch record documentation.
- Perform Risk Assessments and GEMBA’s associated with the packaging equipment as needed for safety improvements, investigations or projects.
- Participate in the creation and revisions of batch records, standard operation procedures, protocols, and all other cGMP documents. Subject Matter Expert (SME) on three or more batch records, three or more standard operating procedures and cGMP documents, and participate in Packaging protocols.
- Perform Senior Operator day to day packaging line activities including:
- Perform line clearance activities Right First Time
- Train packaging personnel on equipment and Line Clearance (after obtaining Train the Trainer certification).
- Proficient in SAP transactions for packaging area
- Complete and assist in closing out batch record documentation
- Calculate manual Tor calculation and manage Tor on product
- Record OEE data to support metrics around equipment downtime and production line output
- Complete P50 to P60 Conversions
- Assure that appropriate housekeeping of the packaging area is maintained.
- Work independently with minimal supervision to perform normal processes and procedures. Work on any assignment as directed by Supervision.
- Take a proactive approach to minimize equipment downtime to achieve standard efficiency of OEE initiatives while striving to identify improvements to current practices or procedures.
- Promote, maintain teamwork, and open communication with fellow teammates and Supervision.
- Must demonstrate strong performance and adherence to GSK positive behaviors.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
High School Diploma or GED and minimum 3 years in manufacturing/production line operations
BS or BA and minimum 1 year experience in manufacturing/production line operations
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point and the ability to quickly and easily learn new applications. Computer skills that include the ability to create and run reports, use charts and graphs and maintain data is ideal.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to function in an atmosphere of constant change with detailed accuracy.
- Demonstrated interpersonal leadership skills and exhibits the GSK Behaviors routinely; communicates team related issues to Supervisor and escalates appropriately. Proficient communication skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships cross functionally including production, QA, QC, engineering, validation, and maintenance.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to all levels within the organization as well as the skills to communicate site operations to outside agencies.
- Able to prioritize and decide appropriate course of actions and to effectively implement decisions in absence of Supervision when required.
- Capable of working without direct supervision.
- Remain current on development, GMP requirements, and myLearning tasks.
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, climbing, and lifting of between 30 - 50 lbs.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-[Register to View] (US Toll Free) or +1 [Register to View] (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.