HR Business Partner & HR Country Head Switzerland & Sweden
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford, Solna, Switzerland - Muenchenbuchsee Bern, Zug House
Posted Date: Mar 3 2023
HR Business Partner & HR Country Head – Switzerland & Sweden
Please note that this role is not based in the UK. You will be based on-site in either Solna, Sweden or Zug/Muenchenbuchsee, Switzerland.
The HR Business Partner & HR Country Head Switzerland & Sweden will partner with the commercial business to adapt and effectively execute the people plan, leveraging their local context and expertise, to ensure the effective deployment of the GSK HR strategy in the mentioned area. Through in depth understanding of the business, the role will primarily be accountable for working with General Manager (GM) and Leadership Team (LT) to build a high-performance culture and ensure a sustainable and diverse talent pipeline for business growth.
In this role you will…
- Be a trusted and agile HR partner to leaders to drive Pharma Commercial’s people agenda and deliver against Innovation Performance Trust and Culture (IPTc) priorities. Maintain a strong understanding of the Pharma IPTc strategy and GSK in the context of HR activity to improve business performance
- Contribute to the IPTc business delivery in market by partnering with the GM and LT to adapt and deploy the people interventions that will ensure business growth, now and in the future. Hold leaders accountable for employee experience by partnering together to deliver against moments that matter. Provide input, constructive feedback, and healthy challenge in a way that builds trust and enables the team and individuals to be most effective in their roles
- Lead initiatives that enable the organisation to have the best leaders at all levels, with the right capabilities to motivate, focus, develop and care for the people and a culture of purpose and performance
- Drive best in class talent and workforce planning actions to build a high quality, diverse talent pipeline that supports business growth now and for the future
- Work with the business to identify specific risks and opportunities in the talent pipeline and put in place plans to address these e.g., capability needs, breadth and depth of pipeline at all levels, quality of development planning, etc.
- Coach and challenge Pharma LT to increase diversity through talent management and recruitment, challenging bias and identifying opportunities to develop and attract diverse internal/ external talent
- Use digital, data and analytics tools and processes to drive best in class leadership and organization effectiveness initiatives that contribute to the increased competitiveness of the Pharma business
- Ensure alignment and coordination of local country-specific activities (e.g. market specific benefits, etc.)
- In partnership with HRBLs, legal or others, ensure effective support to employee relations across all businesses supported and ensure effective risk management of HR activities
- Partner with colleagues across OneHR to bring the HR model to life with a patient first mindset. Be disciplined in reducing customization and champion our investment in new technology, regional hubs, standardized tools, and processes within HR and with the business
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (Life Science, Business and Marketing, HR) or equivalent
- Experienced HR professional who has developed a strategic and solid understanding of the people challenges that a large organisation may face
- Experience working in a highly complex organisation within a matrixed structure, leveraging influence within a complex network of stakeholders, including senior business leaders
- Experience setting and driving talent agenda, leadership effectiveness, capability and culture and being accountable for license to operate at an LOC level
- Experience in leading large organisational development/change programmes that enhance organisational capability, culture, and performance
- Extensive experience within fast-moving, complex, and demanding environments, balancing operational delivery with strategic impact, while dealing with ambiguity
- Experience of working with data to create insight and diagnose future organisational risks and opportunities
- Proven ability to influence, challenge and coach at senior leadership level
- Demonstrated ability to communicate vision, strategy, and direction, in an inspiring and credible manner, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated budget and financial planning experience
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to neurodiversity, race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Should you require any adjustments to our process to assist you in demonstrating your strengths and capabilities contact us on [Register to View] or 0[Register to View] . Please note should your enquiry not relate to adjustments, we will not be able to support you through these channels
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.