Quality Assurance Office Manager - Columbus, OH
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Provides advance administrative support to one or more Directors and other managers as assigned. May provide back up to high level manager Administrative Assistant II as needed.
What You’ll Work On
- Responsibilities include general administrative functions of the department: scheduling travel, managing correspondence and scheduling couriers, processing expense reports, meeting/event planning, creating or modifying business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, handling teleconference and phone setups, acting as a liaison for remote access issues
- Responsibilities also include office management of the department: manage office supplies inventory and ordering, inventory and maintain break room supplies, maintain office and facility planning in conjunction with facility lead, maintain organization charts and distribution lists, develop office communication, participate in office employee engagement and event planning.
- May include some support for tracking budget expenditures.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable).
- Uses intermediate to advanced software skills to perform work assigned.
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and employee performance management systems (as applicable). Strong written communication for global distribution and employees.
- Coordinates new employee office set-ups and onboarding.
- May train/coordinate work for new administrative assistants.
- Consistently interacts with high-level executives.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of business processes and requirements.
- Frequently handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- Data is typically employee-level or one-dimensional.
- Maintains and manages calendars, including meeting and travel scheduling and domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Primary point of contact for manager’s schedule
- High School diploma or equivalent. College preferred
- 3+ years previous admin experience or equivalent.
- Operates with general instruction and some supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Visio or OrgPlus, and Lotus Notes or Outlook.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]