MitraClip Specialist I ($1000 Sign-on Bonus)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Westfield, IN location in the Structural Heart division. Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
As the (Operator I) MitraClip Specialist I, you are responsible for assembling the MitraClip device subassemblies and finished goods in accordance with approved manufacturing procedures. You will performs a wide variety of assembly operations including heavy microscopy use, soldering, complex gluing operations, fusing of materials, precise loading/alignment of components, and numerous inspections in accordance with complex manufacturing process instructions.
- Ability to train to and build any of the 8 product types (NT, NTR, XTR, NTW, XTW, G4-NT, G4-XT, TriClip) on one assembly line.
- Perform changeover from one product type to another, on station using changeover matrix, and escalate to lead, supervisor, or equipment group depending on what product the station is changing from and to. Requires comprehensive knowledge of various tools/equipment/fixtures for various product types.
- On the clip line, complex dexterity under microscope, using hot knife to smooth Clip cover material to very precise specifications, and razor blades to make straight cuts on rounded edges. Differences in requirements for each of the 8 different Clip product types.
- On the clip line, under microscope, tying suture knots to very precise square knot
- On the CDSF line, requires high levels of focus and cognition on DC to handle bonding to complete complex processing steps to use surface primers, multiple types of glue, articulating fixtures, multiple alignment gages, multiple UV curing cycles, and multiple bonds all within a single station/fixture/procedure.
- Clip loading involves a 51-page procedure, with multiple actions to load the Clip onto a catheter, with different steps/judgements/decisions based on any of the 8 product types that may be built at that station. Gen 4 specifically requires loading and trapping a .004” thick wire with a .017” ball on the end within a .020” hole, while managing components at both the distal and proximal end of the five-foot-long device.
- On the SGCF, SGCS, and Sleeve Lines, melting and forming of catheter shafts while using judgement to determine when proper melting and flow of materials has been achieved.
- Precise manual Skiving operations, for which a cut that is not deep enough will result in inability to retrieve cables, and a cut that is too deep will cause failed leak tests.
- Ability to read, comprehend and implement lengthy, complex procedures written in English
- Maintain clean room integrity by using proper attire and adherence to clean room environment practices and procedures Records information on approved documents, and follows good documentation practices
- Able to train and achieve standard work on 4-5 stations
Pay and Shift
The salary range for this position is $19.00/hr. based on experience. This position is for First Shift.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two-year degree
[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]